Chapter 6

ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ ⁶⁻ "ᵀʰᵃᵗ ʷᵃˢ ᵒⁿᵉ ᵗⁱᵐᵉ ᶜᵃˢˢⁱᵉ!"

All of us were at the Slytherin table, doing our homework

All of us were at the Slytherin table, doing our homework. I was helping Pansy with her potions' homework; Theo was helping Blaise and Daphne with their transfiguration homework while Malfoy was busy taunting Hufflepuffs with Crabbe and Goyle.

I chuckled at the answers Blaise had written and was in turn being called out by Theo. Blaise turned to me with an offended look. "What are you laughing at Ambers? You're not even doing anything"

I raised my eyebrows in shock. "That is because I've completed my homework already Zabini"

"When? The homework was given just a few hours ago"

I put a holier-than-thou expression as I crossed my hands in front of my chest. "I did it as Sev- Professor Snape was giving us the homework"

Blaise rolled his eyes and threw his hands up in defeat.

Moments later, hundreds of owls came into the Great Hall, bringing our mail with them. One of the owls being Nyra.

She flew next to me and dropped a letter. I fed the little owl and she went off. I saw that the letter was from my aunt.

As I was opening the letter, a packet was slid in front of me. I turned to Blaise- the person who slid the packet- and gave him a questioning look.

"From mum. She bought it for you on our vacation to Paris. She insisted on her giving it to you directly instead of sending it with me," he replied as he tried to raid the chocolates sent to Theo by his mum.

I let out a quiet laugh. "Yeah. We don't want to repeat the silks incident now, do we?"

"Hey! That was one time Cassie! One time!" Blaise hollered loud enough for his mum to hear back at home. I shook my head in amusement as I proceeded to open the letter from my aunt.

Cassiopeia Evelyn Ambers, how dare you not write to me yesterday? I am absolutely vexed and displeased by your negligence. I ought to storm through that school and drag you out of there clutching to your ear.

Well, that was certainly not what I expected. I inwardly thanked Salazar this was not a howler and continued reading the letter.

Regardless of your irresponsibility, Arnold and I are very proud of you for making Slytherin, my dear. Not that we had any doubts of course.

I hope you are enjoying your classes so far. And if you are not, just say the word and I will come get you myself. I will burn down the school if I have to.

Nonetheless, I hope you are doing well as well. I know it has been just a day but, I miss you little one. Come back for Yule soon.

And if you need anything, just write to me or your father or ask Severus. I am sure your godfather would be more than happy to help you. How is Severus anyway?

Me and your father love you dearly darling. And remember to keep your chin up, no matter what.

Yours,

Lillian Ambers

I made a mental note to write to my aunt as soon as possible.

After I was done reading, I saw two boxes of sweets in front of me. One of them filled with chocolate frogs, the other filled with pumpkin pasties. I looked at my friends to see which one of them the sweets belonged to.

"They're from father and mum," Malfoy informed.

A grateful smile filled my face. "Tell them I said thank you, would you? And you too Blaise" Both boys nodded their heads.

--

While all of our classmates were attending the flying lesson, Daphne and I were sitting on a bench far away from them. Since we were high society pureblood women, we were not allowed to engage in activities that may be considered unladylike.

I always loved flying. It always reminded me of how my mum would sneak me out of the house and take me out on her broom.

She was on the Slytherin quidditch team and she was the best beaters the Slytherin team had to this day. My aunt and Narcissa would always tell me stories about how she was breaking hearts and bones. She wanted to be a quidditch player, but then she had me.

But according to my father, she never had any regrets about her marriage or me. They were her choices and she stood by them. I know if she would've been alive, she would let me play. Even if she had to fight my father or the pureblood community.

I decided to write back to my aunt instead of idly sitting on the bench and wallowing in my envy. I began writing on a plain piece of parchment.

Auntie,

I am terribly sorry I forgot to write to you last night. It was a busy day and I was incredibly exhausted at the end of it. So much, I instantly fell asleep the moment my body hit the bed.

I am actually enjoying my classes very much so. Even though I know most of what is being taught, I do like being in class. I would've liked to actually take part in the flying class as well.

I am doing very well and I miss you as well. I promise time will pass by soon, and I will be at home for Yule.

I do have everything just like I did yesterday. And Severus is the same. Stern, serious and scary with his robes in the air.

My aunt and I always joked about Severus being the three Ss. It was funnier because his name also started with the same letter.

I love you too, Lily. Please give father my love as well.

Love,

Cassie

After I was done writing the letter, I folded it neatly and safely tucked it in one of my books and made a mental note of sending it home with Nyra later.

When I looked at the students, I saw them gathered near a wall looking above at a statue. And I cannot say I was surprised, Longbottom was hanging- by his robes- on the statue, barely clinging to life.

Moments later, he plummeted to the ground. The Slytherins were busy laughing as the poor boy groaned in pain on the ground. Madam Hooch instantly took him to the hospital wing and warned the students to not fly until she came back.

I saw Malfoy pick something up from the ground and I knew he was about to do something stupid. I scurried to the group so I could stop Malfoy before he did something mad, but when I reached him, I realised I was too late.

"No," Malfoy stated to something Potter had said. "I think I'll leave it somewhere for Longbottom to find." Malfoy then proceeded to mount his broom and fly. What an idiot, this boy.

Potter followed the blonde's actions, but not before receiving a lecture from Granger.

The two boys seemed to say something in the air. Then Malfoy threw whatever he had and came back down. Potter being the hero complexed Gryffindor he was, followed the thing on his broom.

I gave Malfoy an unapproving, disappointed look. His cocky smirk seemed to morph into a confused look.

When Potter came back down, he was escorted somewhere by professor McGonagall. Although Madam Hooch had threatened suspension to whoever was caught flying, I knew there was no way Potter was going to be suspended. In fact, he might've been given fifty points for breaking the rules.