"hopeless"

11 pm was slowly approaching, but Yeonjun and Beomgyu were still no longer in sight. Soobin had already left, so Taehyun was alone in the house again, awake. He wouldn't be able to sleep until Beomgyu and Yeonjun weren't back. He had difficulty finding his peace since he had no idea what the couple was doing at the moment. They could even be having sex.

   He sighed and went back into the basement. Maybe he would distract himself with painting again and take his mind off things and all the pain. However, a strange feeling came over him as soon as he walked down the stairs and fixed his eyes on the canvas he was painting on a few hours earlier. The brush was fallen onto the floor.

   Taehyun observed the canvas. The painting wasn't finished, however, there was no point in attempting to finish it because it was already ruined for some reason. Taehyun must have accidentally dropped the brush which was why the painting looked like this and not how it should have been. It was ugly.

   He felt hurt. It was going to be very difficult, he knew. His disease was now affecting his skills and it wasn't good news. How was he supposed to work when whatever happened to him earlier could also happen while he was working?

   The idea terrified him.

   As he was lost in thought, he started to feel dizzy. He felt scared, but soon, fortunately, there were knocks on the door which grabbed his attention. He instantly ran upstairs and rushed to the hall to open the door. He was glad he wouldn't be alone.

   There were Yeonjun and Beomgyu on the other side of the door and the older was holding the younger by his waist. Beomgyu seemed drunk. His lips were swollen and his hair was messy and unbrushed. His eyes were half-lidded and he smiled brightly when he spotted Taehyun who was standing before them.

   Beomgyu pushed himself out of Yeonjun's hold and stumbled towards Taehyun who just stood there frozen in shock. The brunette fell into Taehyun's arms, who was surprised yet still managed to catch him on time and pulled him inside.

   "Taehyunnie...", Beomgyu exclaimed while Taehyun's blood ran cold from fear. Beomgyu wasn't in his right mind. Taehyun hoped he wouldn't say anything about them, "I missed you"

   "Beomgyu, come on", Yeonjun insisted as he pulled away the male from his brother and wrapped his arm around him to support his weight. "You need to sleep"

   "What happened?", Taehyun asked with furrowed brows, causing Yeonjun's concerned eyes to drift to him.

   "He drank more than he should have", Yeonjun answered while dragging his husband towards the stairs, "I don't know why but he seemed kind of upset"

   His words made Taehyun feel bad, but in his opinion, Beomgyu deserved that pain. However, it didn't change the fact that he was feeling bad for him and it was adding to his negative emotions. He had gone through too much that day and he still hadn't recovered completely, especially, the incidents which took place earlier when Soobin visited him. He was just feeling...

   Hopeless.

   The next morning he woke up early, but he wasn't planning on going to work. It was because of the incident the previous night. He didn't remember clearly what happened to him in the basement but something horrible must have taken place and he accidentally ruined the painting he was working on. He'd be in big trouble if the same happened to him in the parlour while tattooing someone's skin. So he decided to stay at home today, which meant he would avoid meeting any customers. He needed to figure out how he could deal with his health problems first, so he could go to work again, but he kind of no longer wanted to work. All he wanted was to stay in bed all days and sleep, so he wouldn't have to worry about anything at all.