"a failed plan"

Taehyun's bedroom was brightly lit when Beomgyu entered it. The boy even noticed that the curtains had been open since the day before and now that morning had come, sunlight was shining into the room and bathing everything with warmth and light, making the scene look ethereal.

The ravenette blinked a few times before spotting Taehyun's sleeping figure under the blanket and the warm sheets. He was lying on his side facing the wall, eyes shut softly. He looked so beautiful like that, sleeping quietly, his mouth slightly parted and eyebrows lightly furrowed as his blonde strands were covering half of his face with the soft golden light.

Beomgyu's heart clenched softly and he felt warmth spreading through his body as he watched the other sleep peacefully. The image made Beomgyu's heart race faster and his cheeks flush in pinkish-red colour. He closed the door before walking towards the bed and softly placing himself on the edge of it next to Taehyun, staring at the younger boy, observing his beautiful features with gentle eyes.

The ravenette smiled slightly as he reached out, gently placing his index finger to stroke the other's nose before leaning closer and gently pressing his lips to the boy's cheek.

"Hey, Taetae", he whispered with a small, happy smile adorning his lips as he slipped his fingers through the younger's soft locks, "Wake up, big baby"

It was incredible how a single person could make Beomgyu feel so cosy and secure, just simply by existing. The moment he stepped into his room and saw him, every worry faded from his mind, each fear. Nothing else mattered anymore. There was only Taehyun and right now he needed him more than ever. He wished he could lay there beside him, hold him in his arms while they talked about random stuff, or just simply lie there together in silence, or sleep in his arms again, against his chest under that soft golden haze of the sun streaming in through the window, or just stay awake in the other's embrace throughout the days and nights to just watch and listen to the younger's gentle breathing and heartbeat. But...

He couldn't do any of those things because he was still trapped here. Trapped to spend the rest of his life in a marriage with someone else.

Catching a sight of a key pinned to the chain on Taehyun's thigh below his short pyjamas, a small smile formed on Beomgyu's lips unconsciously. This key was the key to their freedom, although he wouldn't be free until he left that house. But it wasn't that simple, this world just didn't have such a nice ending.

But Beomgyu didn't want to think about negative things...

So he just stared at the boy who was lying comfortably on his stomach with an arm draped around the pillow and his thumb softly brushed against the beautiful tattoo on his thigh which was peeking out from beneath the blanket and the hem of his pyjamas.

He had hope. He was happy.

"Tae, baby...", Beomgyu continued to whisper with a small smile as his eyes drifted to the blonde's sleeping face and he moved closer to peck the boy's temple once again softly, tenderly caressing the younger's forehead while looking at his beautiful face.

The younger stirred a bit at the touch and slowly opened his eyes when Beomgyu's voice sounded above him. He then turned and glanced blearily at Beomgyu with an unfocused gaze, his eyes still sleepy and tired as he whimpered softly in response to the sudden kiss Beomgyu placed on his skin.

The blonde boy let his eyelids fall close as he let out another tiny groan. Beomgyu smiled again as he ran his hand along with the other's hair, stroking his head softly.

"Wake up, sleepyhead", the older chuckled lowly, moving the bangs away from the other's eyes and caressing the boy's face lovingly, "Your brother is gonna be back soon"