"birthday"

"Be careful and keep an eye on him", Yeonjun said on the phone as he stood at the window in the living room, his feline eyes sharp and stern as they stared outside, watching how bright the yard looked as the sun was shining brightly down the earth, "We need to be aware of everything he does, Soobin"

   "I know. He's ready to sign a partnership-", Soobin replied from the other line, "He's already here. He is parking his car right now"

   "You've already contacted every necessary person, right?", Yeonjun questioned, "Youngsoo shouldn't suspect even a little thing. We're going with the plan, but I'm warning you to take extra care because we shouldn't let him win"

   "Understood", Soobin said in acknowledgement, "If anything happens, you will know and we'll handle it accordingly together"

   Yeonjun nodded as he ended the call, and slowly closed the window. He turned back around to see Taehyun enter the living room while rubbing his eye with his knuckles, his hair messy. He looked like a mess, but Yeonjun found it cute, and couldn't help but inwardly coo at how sleepy the boy seemed.

   A beautiful smile found its way across Yeonjun's lips at the sight of his younger brother, tenderness washing over his features as he moved towards the couch, "Good morning, sleeping beauty"

   Taehyun yawned loudly, a pout visible on his lips as he looked around with confused eyes as if searching for someone, "Morning... Where are mom and Beomgyu?"

   Yeonjun placed himself on the couch and put aside his crutch while looking into Taehyun's eyes with a bright expression in his dark brown orbs, "Come here", he patted the space beside himself and Taehyun sat down tiredly, sleepiness still visible in his eyes, "Mom is at work and Beomgyu's on the interview"

   The last words brought a surprise to the blonde. His eyes widened a bit as confusion took over him, "What interview are you talking about?"

   "Well-", Yeonjun started, "My acquaintance from art school contacted me this morning. She told me they needed to have an interview with Beomgyu and see his skills. He's probably gonna pass his little exam very easily"

   "Wow, really?", Taehyun asked incredulously, blinking once and twice before letting out a loud sigh, "I'm very happy to hear that. I'm sure they're gonna like him"

   "Same", Yeonjun nodded with a happy expression on his face, but soon silence fell over them after that.

   They both remained quiet as Taehyun's eyes kept wandering around the house while Yeonjun's face was covered with a brooding expression as if he was lost in deep thoughts.

   "I'll go and change", Taehyun finally said and was about to stand up but Yeonjun quickly caught his wrist, forcing him to stay still in his place which earned him a surprised look from the younger.

   "I want to talk to you", Yeonjun announced and an immediate tension filled the air. It made Taehyun nervous and unsure of what exactly the older meant by it. He just hoped that whatever was going to happen would be alright.

   "Taehyun, has it been long since you started having seizures again?"

   Well, shit. Taehyun knew this was coming. Even though he tried so hard not to think of it or remember it, something always brought up bad memories when he had one of those episodes.

   "No", he replied, looking down at the floor, "It happened for the second time yesterday"

   "As mom told me the doctor did all the tests you needed to complete the diagnosis, but I still need confirmation from you", Yeonjun explained, "Can you please tell me when your seizures start happening? And whether it's more serious than the last time you have them?"