Happiness

~Jungkooks POV~

I read the news that's trending on Twitter with a smile on my face, and a lump in my throat.

Breaking News: Seventeen member Jun has announced he will be leaving the group in order to be with his long time girlfriend. In an Instagram post made by the Idol he wrote-'I write to my lovely Carats today to say I will be leaving Seventeen. After many conversations with my members and company, I have decided that I want to take my life in a new direction. I have found a woman I love very much and wish to spend my life with. I will not be able to live this life with her while I'm still active in Seventeen, and I don't want to hinder my members' successes in any way with my decision. I appreciate and love Carats very much and am so thankful for all the love you have given me. I'm stepping away from music for a while to build the life I've always wanted. I hope for your understanding and acceptance of my partner and my choice, and I won't be gone forever, because my love for music and dancing is as strong as my love for my fiancé.
Until we meet again,
Jun

"He really did it." I wipe a tear from my cheek and close my phone. "You alright maknae?" Yoongi hyung side eyes me from the other side of the couch. "Yeah hyung. I knew this day was coming. I'm happy for her. For them both." Yoongi hyung puts his phone down and looks at me full on. "You're allowed to be upset...or sad you know? She's going to marry someone else." I lean back on the couch and take a drink from my bottle of water, trying hard to not cry. I swallow and look to my older hyung with glistening eyes because I know I can be vulnerable in front of him. "I'm not going to lie and say it doesn't sting, but he is giving her what I couldn't hyung. So I'm happy for her. And it's been over a year since we talked last, I'm really ok hyung." Yoongi hyung narrows his eyes at me. I can't help but laugh as I wipe the tears before they fall. "I promise hyung...I'm ok." This was enough to say to my brother and when the other members walk into the dance studio he slaps my leg and stands. "Then come on 'K-pop's biggest heartthrob' and let's go practice." I laugh and stand up to follow. Ever since I was given that title a few months ago by the media the guys constantly pick on me about it.

~3 years later~
Authors POV

"You ready for this?" Jin looks his younger brother over one last time, making sure his suit was perfect. "I'm sweating like a bitch but yeah...I'm ready." Namjoon walks in and smiles seeing two of his brothers having a little moment. "They're all ready. It's time. I still can't believe you're getting married. Fucking nuts." Namjoon starts laughing while Jin and Yoongi walk to the door with him. "I never did either. But I have to reign her wildness in some how" Yoongi nonchalantly says, and the other two start laughing again. "Did....did you get to see her?" He shyly asks Namjoon. He nods. "Mhm. She looks stunning. You're a lucky bastard." Yoongi scratches the back of his head and has a crooked smile on his face. He's not one for sentiments or getting mushy. "Yeah yeah." They walk out to where the others are standing, patting each of his groomsmen who are more like his brothers, on their backs as he walks by them. "Thanks for being up here with me. All of you." The six men all smile and do their best to quickly make fun at the sappy moment Yoongi gave them. He rolls his eyes at his brothers and then the music starts. All seven men turn to look down the aisle at the doors being opened. And then she appeared.

She took his breath away. Even after all these years, she still made his heart race. He accepted nothing will change that. She had her blonde hair pulled back loosely, showing her gorgeous neck. God how he loved that neck. Her pastel mint dress hugged her body perfectly. You'd never guess she has had a child. She was stunning. As she walked, holding a small bouquet of white roses in her hand, he couldn't help but imagine it was him she was walking toward. "Damn dude, she still looks hot, even after having a kid. How's it make you feel seeing her?" Jungkook turns to look at Jimin beside him and then back to Ella walking down the aisle. He can't help but smile at the woman he had loved more than anything. And still does in some respect. "It makes me sad and happy to see her. She looks beautiful." He sees her look over to her left at her husband and son and give them a loving smile. "And she looks happy, so that's enough for me" Jungkook says with a smile. Jimin pats his shoulder and they get in their positions again. As Ella gets closer she finally looks over at Jungkook. She has a warm smile on her lips and he returns it. He swears he sees a small blush form on her cheeks and he chuckles at that. He is surprised he still has an effect on her five years later. Once Ella gets in her position she turns and looks at Jun and their son again and smiles. She then looks over at all of the men she hasn't seen in years. She smiles and nods at each of them. When she reaches Jungkook she gives the same smile and nod, but he notices a slight hint of sadness in her eyes that he didn't see a moment ago. This small, almost nonexistent emotion is enough to bubble up some feelings of ache again. He's also learned that that will never fully go away too. She finishes her subtle hellos and turns to watch her sister walk down the aisle to marry the man she said was only ever going to be her fuck buddy. She was so happy for Kayla though, she's finally settling down. And with exactly the right person for her.