The Call

~one week later~

I wake to the sun streaming in through my curtains. It's looks to be a beautiful day today. The best part is that summer vacation has officially began. Yes, vacation, but I don't really take the summer off from work completely. I use this time to set new goals for my students for when they come back in the fall and update their IEPs. I work maybe one day a week during the summer for a few hours. The rest had usually been devoted to Kdramas and getting caught up on the latest uploads from my favorite groups. My main being BTS. This summer would be completely different though. I shuffle out of my room to the kitchen to start some coffee, and then sit at my table to.....well.....think. I've given myself a week to think about the letter Namjoon sent with the photo of me and Jungkook. I have sat down every day and read the letter and stare at the picture of the two of us in an intimate moment that someone snapped a picture of. I feel thankful though to the photographer these past few days, as every day looking at the photo and reading the letter I cry less and smile more. I have done a lot of thinking....and a lot of talking this past week, trying to figure out what I should do. Kayla came over and I showed her the picture and let her read the letter. I told her about the voicemail I sent to him, that she knew about thanks to big mouth Yoongi, and I let her hear and read the texts and voicemails he left me. We talked, we laughed, and we cried when I confided in her my true feelings and asked her advice of what I should do. I then called my mom, my biggest supporter. I went to spend the day with her and I told her about my three day affair with an idol. I then showed her everything...the letter and picture, the texts and voicemails from day one with him until the final text. I told her everything. All the in-between of how I spent my days when I got back from Chicago, to how Kayla was told how he's spent his days. I even showed her his Instagram posts. She has never judged me or Kayla and when she heard about both our affairs with kpop idols and how we're hushed to secrecy forever she laughed and just shook her head saying, "I think Kayla's wild side has finally rubbed off on you a little. I've been waiting to hear about you doing something stupid. But with an idol?.....YOUR idol at best? High five young lady." I couldn't help but laugh at my crazy mother. Kayla gets her free spirit from her. But I respect every bit of advice she's given me and she's never steered me wrong.

So today I woke ready to make my decision about whether to contact Jungkook and try to talk or to just let him and all of it go. I slept in late, until a whopping 7:30am. It feels good to get the extra sleep. I'm sitting at the table looking at the picture when my phone rings. "Hello Kayla and no I haven't done anything. I think I just made up my mind this morning. You and mom helped me so much. Thank you sis." I hear noises on the other line and I can hear Kayla whispering to someone. Growing very suspicious as to who is with her and what she is doing I ask, "Who are you talking to Kayla? Where are you?" I hear a bit of banging and it sounds like she drops her phone. "Ella? Are you still there? Shit...." I reply before she panics more or hangs up. "Yes I'm still here. What's going on with you Kay? You didn't answer me where you are." "Hm? What El? I didn't hear you." I'm getting frustrated at my sister keeping something from me. I know damn well she heard me. She's hiding something and it quickly pisses me off. Especially after everything I spilled to her this week. "Cut the shit Kayla and tell me where the Fuck you are!" She starts stammering but answers me. "Where am I? Well.....well, I'm on one of my adventures El." I'm still not being told what I asked and I'm getting more irritated by the second. But I'll play along. "Ooookay Kayla. Now where would this adventure have taken you to?" When she stammers again my patience runs out and I scream into the phone. "TELL ME WHERE THE FUCK YOU ARE KAYLA OR IM HANGING THE FUCK UP AND DONT YOU DARE FUCKING CALL ME BACK!!!" I huff after I'm finished. "Jesus El, moody much? I can't tell you where I am right now....just out of town." I've had enough of Kayla games at 8 o'clock in the morning. "What the fuck ever Kayla. Bye!" And I hang up on her. She infuriates me so bad. I don't give two shits where she ran off to this week, but it would be nice to know where my only sibling is to know she's ok. My phone dings a text and I pick it up only to roll my eyes at the sender. Kayla.