Adventure

"Come on, come on.....pick up. Please pick up." I have the phone on my bed side table on speaker as I rush around my room grabbing random clothes and stuffing my carry on bag full. "Yeobo-shit! Hello? Ella?" His effort to only speak English with me will never be not cute. I smile instantly when hearing his voice. "Hey Jungkook. I hope I didn't pull you away from practice, but this is kinda important." "Nah, I was sitting.....on the floor, taking a break. Yep, it's break time. You called at the perfect time. You sound out of breath noona, are you ok? Are you sick?" I stop running around my room and sit on the end of my bed to catch my breath. "Yes...I'm fine. Sorry. I was running around my room packing in a hurry." "Packing? Where are you com-I mean going?" I take a deep breath and just come out with it. "Ok, so here's the thing. Kayla has flown herself alone to LA on one of her adventures. She's gotten herself attached to a group of guys who seem like bad news." "Tsh." He can't be laughing about this, can he? This is still my sister. "Did you just laugh when I said Kayla is mixed up with a group of bad guys in LA?" "Pfft! No! No Ella, I'm sorry. Im not laughing about Kayla...umm....Jin is making stupid jokes again and I couldn't help but laugh at them." I am still skeptical but this is too urgent to have a little heart to heart about how much my wild sister means to me, and any negative comments toward her are a huge no no for me. "Ok. So anyway...she won't leave unless I fly out there and spend one day with her. I told her I would do it as long as you were ok with it. So...are, you, ok, with it?" I start biting the inside of my cheek waiting for his answer. "Sure. Go save your sister." He snickers and I can't help but comment this time. "Jungkook listen. I know you might have some not wonderful first impressions of my sister, but she is still my sister and we are very close. Please don't laugh at her because she's gotten herself into a stupid situation. Kayla's a free spirit, she's always been this way. She gets an idea and boom, she's off. My parents sometimes wish I was a little more like her." He quickly responds to my outburst. "Ella, listen I di-" I cut him off. Wanting him to understand how Kayla is and that I'd move heaven and earth for her if she needed it. "No, please let me finish. If you have a certain, say...easy, impression of her because of what she did with Yoongi, please remember what we also did that same thing that same night. I love my sister and if she needs me, I will be there for her. Even when I have to fly across the damn country to pull her away from a group rowdy guys, who by the way apparently like to hit woman. I'm going to fly right there to get her safe. Even if I have to spend another day with her...in a hotel...not near any guys, for an extra day so she gets some more wild oats out, I'll do it for her. But I care for you and what we're trying to build, so telling me you don't mind me going would make me feel so much less stress in an already stressful situation." I take a deep breath and let it out and wait to hear what he has to say. I pray this doesn't turn into a thing where he doesn't trust me or whatever. "Ok noona. I am ok for you to go. I didn't mean to laugh again and it's not at your sisters expense I promise. My hyungs are being dumb is all. But I trust you Ella, and if you want to go on a trip with your sister I say go." I Breathe a sigh of relief. "Thank you baby." "Baby? Am I your baby noona?" How can this man get me blushing just by the way he talks? "I....um....st-stop it." I blush hard through the phone. "No, I want you to call me baby. It makes my heart flutter. Like when I call you noona. Do you like when I call you that?" I smile, still blushing hard, and quietly say "yes" into the phone. "No one is near now baby, you don't have to be shy." I laugh with him. Him calling me baby sets my core ablaze more than noona. I miss him even more now, just talking casually with him, having sorted out our issues. "But Ella? I have to go now....I have to practice more." I nod like he can see me. "Ok. I'm going to book my flight and make the drive to the airport." "Text me your flight time because I will probably be practicing for some hours still. But call me when you get into LA, ok?" He's so sweet. "Yes, of course I will. I'll talk to you soon." "Have a safe trip noona. I miss you." I close my eyes, sigh and reply, "I miss you too.....baby." He giggles into the phone, making me do the same. "I love it. Ok, see you soon. annyo!" He hangs up again before I can say bye back. This is the second time he's said 'see you soon.' I smile to myself as I sit in front of my laptop to find a fast flight that isn't a million dollars, thinking 'see you soon' must just be something Koreans say a lot in English. I don't give it another thought and start looking at flights.