The salvation#1 (Elena's sacrifice)

Elena's POV (The next day, Elena's apartment in the DIC)

Tonight, I didn't close my eyes or sleep, not even for a second. Yesterday, we worked on the plan of Jake's salvation until late hours, and then George went back to Washington.

Do you remember my excitement and energy yesterday? Today, the adrenaline in my body has reached such a level that I can't sit idle or focus on anything other than thinking about what awaits me in a few hours.

My body is still filled with extreme emotions. Sometimes I feel excitement, sometimes fear, sometimes relief, sometimes sadness... And I can't control it at all because...

It's today...

Today Jake is coming back...

During my nervous walk around the room, I kept debating with myself whether to do it, but after much thought, I realized that I wouldn't forgive myself if I left them without a word. That's why I took a deep breath and reached for the phone...

During that time, the sound of knocking on the door echoed in my apartment

During that time, the sound of knocking on the door echoed in my apartment. It caused me to jump slightly, as it woke me up from my endless thoughts.

Elena: Come in - I looked towards the door, taking my phone back into my pocket.

Luka: Elena? - I saw him behind the slightly open door - It's already 9am, everything is ready.

I nodded and took all the most important things I had prepared earlier. Well, since I was unable to fall asleep, this stress and adrenaline had forced me to prepare everything overnight. Of course, I checked a million times to make sure everything was prepared and packed, as even the slightest missing element could cost me my fucking head.

As I approached the door, Luka opened it wider and made way for me. However, as I crossed the threshold, I felt him grab my hand.

Luka: Your plan is perfect, Elena - He said calmly and composedly - Everything will work out, don't worry. It's today - He smiled slightly.

Elena: Thank you, Luka - I returned the smile and took a deep breath.

I can't even describe how much I needed those words. Moreover, I'm glad I heard them from him. I had worked with him from the very beginning, and he had the broadest picture of the situation. Hearing such words from Luka, a slight calm was finally able to break through the wall of fear and stress in my body.

Luka locked the door to my apartment, and we both headed towards the agreed-upon, main center of the entire operation. During this quick walk, I took out a small earpiece from my bag, similar to the one Luka had during our first meeting, and put it in my ear.

Elena: Can you hear me? - I clicked the button on the earpiece.

Jacob: Hearing your voice in the morning is like fulfilling my dreams, Elena - I heard his laughter in the earpiece - Yes, we can hear you loud and clear, wonderfully, as always.