"The message was sent"

Elena's POV (The next day, an apartment in the DIC)

My alarm clock was heard around at 7:30. Well, it's quite early for me, but I want to prepare myself for today's training with Jacob. After a quick shower, breakfast, and changing into comfortable sportswear, I left my apartment and headed to the stairs.

A light walk down the stairs to the lowest floor not only warmed me up, but also guaranteed me a meeting with many other employees...

Matt&Jenna: Good morning, Elena - They smiled at me when our eyes met - Have a nice day.

Elena: Have a wonderful day as well, good luck at work today - I smiled back and waved at them as they disappeared behind the floor doors.

Martha: Hi, Elena - I passed her a few floors below - How are you?

Elena: After seeing all of you choosing the stairs instead of the elevator, fantastic. I see you really listened to me yesterday - I laughed - Good luck - I winked at her and nodded towards the stairs ahead of her.

Martha: I'd be smart and happy either if I was going downhill instead of up - She laughed.

Josh: Do you always wake up so early to go for a run? - He watched me leave and chuckled.

Elena: Who said I slept at all?

Josh: You have a devilish soul, Elena - He chuckled and shook his head - How old are you? 16?

Elena: 25 in a month - I continued my walk downstairs - I hope you'll come to my birthday party.

Josh: Are you kidding me? Of course! The only thing I'm curious about is whether you're as eager for a boozy party as you are for morning sports.

Elena: Party and alcohol are my second and third names - I winked at him and went down another floor.

In the meantime, I met a few more employees until I finally reached level -1, where there is a series of rooms starting from number 0.

Well... It's definitely the lowest level, because it's really dark here. Learned from my experience with Jake's hotel room, to avoid meeting unpleasant pain caused by a blind hit, I slid my hand along the wall to find any light switch.

Suddenly, I heard a quiet sound behind me and immediately froze. I didn't even have a second to turn around and examine the situation, as I felt a strong tug and hands wrapping around my neck and body so tightly that I couldn't move.

Jacob: And... - I heard his smirk next to my ear - You're dead. Rule number one, always check your back - He let go of me and I took a few uncontrolled steps forward - However, you have potential, because you actually heard me.

Elena: Good morning to you too - I looked at him annoyed, still massaging my neck.

Jacob: Good morning, Elena - He chuckled and walked ahead - Since you're here, we can start. Follow me.

I gave him an angry look, but eventually took a deep breath and followed him. In the meantime, he turned on the light switch that I was clumsily searching for during my little walk in the dark. I saw that this floor was styled like a sports hall, without offices. Around me were doors labeled "changing room" and "training room" with the corresponding numbers. Well... Point for you, Mr. Danford, for promoting exercise and creating such a space... I have to admit.

Elena: So... - I glanced at him - Did the boss kick your ass to the lowest floor? You must have really screwed up if even the cleaners are higher up in the hierarchy.

Jacob: Yes and no - He chuckled and lowered his head - You could say I work two shifts. During the day, I'm an agent and my office is on the second-to-last floor, and at night, I disappear into the underground and teach others how to fight.