The preparation#2 (The crucial meeting)

Elena's POV (Half an hour later, the conference room in the DIC headquarters)

Jasmine: I gave Alice the list of soldiers' toys - I heard a slight giggle behind me.

Luka: The first group of drivers has gone to the airport too - His voice also echoed in the room.

Elena: Great, thank you both - I smiled and turned towards them while still standing by the window.

Jasmine: Elena... - She sighed and walked towards me - Could you finally tell us what you plan to do?

Elena: Just hold on a little longer, okay? - I placed my hand on her shoulder - There's no point in starting my exhausting monologue now since Webster will be here any moment. I'll tell you everything when everyone is here.

Jasmine: But... - She sighed lightly and looked at me with a worried eyes - Won't what you're planning get you in any trouble?

Elena: I'll do my best to take care of my safety as much as possible - I smiled and nodded my head - Luka, what about the media situation? - I glanced behind Jasmine - Did anything leak out?

Luka: Yes - He nodded once he sat down at the table and opened his laptop - One of the secretaries informed me that a passenger took a picture of Webster on the plane. Don't worry, I already took care of it - He sent me a slight smile.

Elena: It really works... - I put my hands over my mouth and shook my head in amazement.

Luka: How did you do it? - He raised an eyebrow in my direction.

Elena: What? - I replied with a similar expression on my face while still standing in front of the table.

Luka: It looks like you've had a whole plan ready in your head for a quite long time - He touched the chin with his hand - Yesterday, we couldn't get Jake's password, and today? Today, you're making one big revolution here like that... - He snapped his fingers.

Elena: It's not a revolution, Luka, it's cooperation - I crossed my arms on my chest and emphasized - There are no useless people, and everyone can help us get Jake out of that fucking basement with their unique skills. If we want to rescue your boss, we need to work together, not separately.

Jasmine: But how did you make them all listen to you? - She also narrowed her eyes - Not only did they accept your orders but also actively listened to every word you said. They kept looking at you, asking questions, talking to you, and didn't feel embarrassed for a moment by this unusual situation. Yes, they were initially confused, but you calmed them down before they even started feeling it. The longer they listened to you, the calmer they were, and in the end, they agreed to help you.

Elena: Because I also listen to them, Jasmine - I emphasized slowly and firmly - People will treat you the same way you treat them, so treat the others as you would like to be treated. When I pass by a cleaning lady or a porter on the stairs, should I just ignore them? - I slightly narrowed my eyes - No, of course not. That's not my style. I don't give a shit about their status or whether someone is a cleaner, secretary, porter, driver or boss. Everyone is a human being and no one should be treated better or worse. Each of these people has a beautiful story filled with wonderful talents or love for family and loved ones. Their position in the corporate hierarchy doesn't define who they really are. You would know that if only you listened to them too - I sent a judging glance at her and Luka.

Jasmine: Elena, I...

Then my phone rang between us. Jasmine sighed lightly, and meanwhile, I began patting my pockets to find my phone.