3 months earlier#1 (The video call)

✍🏼 Author's note

Hello ❤️

I just wanted to let you know that if you're new here and have no idea what "Duskwood" is, I encourage you to read my short note in the comment section. It provides a brief description of the game's plot. While my story is a bit different from the game's plot itself, I understand that some of my readers may not be familiar with the Duskwood game or its society :) Mostly, the note can be useful in understanding the universe and how Elena and Jake met  👉🏻  👉🏻  👉🏻

For those who have already read the note or don't need it because you're part of the Duskwood society, I want to wish you an enjoyable reading experience! Thank you for choosing and reading my book! ❤️ I hope you like it and stay with me a little longer :)

Love you all,
xoxo_asgv

_________________________________

Elena's POV (3 months earlier, Elena's house nearby Duskwood)

I'm done...

I'm not able to sit idle and watch how my friends are dying. It's been 15 minutes since they lost connection in this fucking house and hung up with me. There's this fucking MWAF with them and he wants to hurt them. Enough. All he wants is me. He wants me. That's why I decided to go to Duskwood since it's only an hour from my home.

I know that I promised Jake not to go there, but why the fuck they all have to pay with their lives since all he wants is me? I'm the key, I'm the solution, I'm the answer - Now... I understand.

I started packing my stuff to small bag when I heard my ringtone. When I grabbed my phone from my bed and took a closer look at it, I saw...

It...

Jake: I know what you're about to do and I beg you, I beg you

Jake: I know what you're about to do and I beg you, I beg you... - He emphasised and sighed while looking at the camera - Don't come to Duskwood.

Finally, I heard his real voice because he spoke to me without modulation. I could hear indescribable worry in his deep and low voice. When he started to beg me, I could hear his voice was breaking and his exhausted eyes were filled with tears.

Since it's a video call, I can also see him. Jake has short, black hair, beautiful, intensive ocean-blue eyes, just like mine, and clearly defined jaw. I can see him so clearly that I can even see the bags under his tired eyes. I think he calls me from his computer, because I can see him standing, so I can also see and describe his silhouette to you. He's tall, well... Mhm, well? Just imagine literally everything what great-built man means. He's wearing blue, elegant shirt and I see some kind of a plastic badge with his name hanging on his neck. He's standing in a light, huge room and all around him are monitors and flashing lights. Damn, it looks like some kind of base.

I was can't even describe how shocked and stunned I became. Not only because he called me, but also because he showed himself to me... For the first time I can see the man I've been only texting for days and nights and solving Hannah's case.