Oh First Love

My first love..

It felt like I was floating amongst the stars, like the whole world just became brighter, and he was the only person I would talk about..he was my entire life. Why, I loved him before I even knew what it was to love someone, and I loved him with every ounce of my soul, every bit of my heart..he made me laugh so hard I cried, turned my frowns into smiles, was there for me through the most difficult times in my life. He was my very best friend, and I so adored him. We grew up together, went through trauma together, and transformed each other into the wonderful human beings we are today.

Your first love teaches you what love is, and how to cherish that love while you still have it close to your heart..it teaches you about how angry those you love can make you, and about how deeply you can care for a single human soul. It teaches you about the frustrations that come with communication and the joys that come with miscommunication. Most of all, your first love teaches you about loss..

He left my life just as suddenly as he came into it, and when he did my heart shattered..what was I to do without my person, who was I to confide in, to laugh with, to shout at when I was upset? I didn't know, because he was all I had, and to be without him felt like I was to live the rest of my life without the other half of my heart. But, I've healed, and though I will always love him deeply, though I will always cherish the time we spent together, I know that I will be okay on my own. And to be okay on my own means that I can love again.

I will love again.