42:

Taehyung had managed to get Jungkook out of the house after a lot of drama.The omega seemed stressed and he was looking for a possible solution to cheer him up.Taehyung felt that he was soley responsible for the omega's condition so he ought to make amends.He hadn't been in contact with his ex for two weeks and he didn't know how he was going to make Jungkook understand that.

"Where are you taking me?"Jungkook asked as soon as the ignition of the car started.

"I'm taking you on a date"

"No ,I will pass.Who knows when your crazy ex might come and attack me.I don't even feel safe in my own home."

"Kookie"

"Don't tell me you want to say you can't let it happen because you have already let me down by allowing her into our home"

"I'm really sorry baby.I wish there was something I could do to make things right"

"Maybe you could turn back time and un-impregnant me"Jungkook said

"Does such a word exist"

"Anyways you get the point"the younger said calmy

"Do you want ice cream,burger or chocolate?"Taehyung asked as an attempt to lift the mood.

"I'm supposed to give birth safely in a weeks time so don't ruin that for me.If anything goes wrong it's all on you"

"Ice cream won't do you any harm"

"Are you my doctor?"Jungkook snorted

"I'm not but I know you want it"Taehyung said

"Fine I want it.Just this once"

Taehyung was aware that Jungkook had been too upset to even eat what he likes the most.He appeared pale and constipated most of the times.

Every time he looked at Jungkook's stoic face ,he felt guilt eating him alive.

He saw Jungkook relax for the first time in a while after eating ice cream.He slept like a baby in the car.Taehyung didn't remember seeing him sleeping soundly since his ex came into the picture.

***

Jungkook just happened to open his eyes the very instant the car stopped.

"Are we having a date at my parent's house?"he asked in disbelief

"Trust me you will like it"Taehyung jumped off the vehicle and went to help Jungkook get out of the car.He had been struggling since he was dealing with the last days of his pregnancy.

"As if"

He was surprised when Taehyung didn't press the door bell like he always does.He just pushed the door like he was walking into his own house.For as far as he knew Taehyung,he was never this mannerless

"Surprise"a chorus erupted in the living room.Jungkook was so startled that he felt like he was going into labour .All his family and close friends were wearing pink t-shirts.

"Whats going on guys?"

"It's your baby shower you silly"Suzy announced

"I hope our daughter won't be as slow as you are"Taehyung whispered with his hand on the omega's waist

"Thank you guys.From the bottom of my heart.I really aappreciate it"

"You should thank your husband it was all his idea"

Jungkook looked at his husband fondly and went to hug him"Thank you Mr Kim"

Taehyung perked the omega's forehead"I should be thanking you for making this day possible for all of us.You are special to me and don't ever doubt it"