Chapter 39: No secrets

-------------Percy's POV:---------------

It was really nice having Leo back. His presence was nostalgic, comforting even. While sure, he looked a bit bigger than before, he seemed to be the same old Leo. Just as fun as I remembered.

I admit, time was getting away from me though. A bit into our conversation I had invited him over for the night, to which he hastily accepted, saying something about "Not getting rid of me that easily" and other nonsense of the like.

He'd left not too long ago to pick up some clothes and other items from the cave, and while I offered to go with him, he'd told me to stay put and relax. So I did as he said. Instead I focused my efforts into making some food, changing, and basically preparing a second bed out of my couch.

I'd put my hair up into a ponytail, and my sweatpants and tank top seemed to be doing me justice in the comfort department so I wasn't complaining.

I smiled to myself as I stirred the pot of pasta, the music playing loud behind me, though not loud enough for neighbors to hear. Sure it was late, but there's always time for pasta. Plus, I may or may not have poured a eensie weensie amount of blue dye in there soooo....

A sudden knock bursted through the music, stopping me mid hum. I quickly turned around, continuing to stir the pot with the water instead of the spoon. I quickly ran over to the door, opening the door for who I presume to be Leo.

The door opened swiftly but instead of a luggage packed Leo, an empty handed Wally stood there. A small smile on his face. A smile rose to my face.

"Hey, you had said you wanted to talk to me earlier, but if you're busy it can wait" I sighed slightly, cursing to myself for forgetting such an important thing. He looked slightly nervous, like I'd tell him to go away.

I quickly put a small smile on my face, stepping back and away from the door. "No no, Leo might be stopping by later but otherwise nothing's changed" I waved my hand for him to follow me as I walked back into the apartment, hearing his footsteps follow before a brief intermission and the door shuts.

"Wait Leo?" Wally asked, his voice sounding surprised.

I walked into the kitchen, quickly taking the pot of now cooked pasta off the stove and draining the water in the sink. I set the pasta and drainer in the sink, allowing for it to cool while I waited for Leo to get back. I turned back, leaning against the counter to see Wally standing in the kitchen, his face formed into a content look.

"Leo and I go way back, though I admit, he just found out it was me." I paused, taking a deep breath before continuing. "Actually, I know a lot of the demigods in the cave. All of them to be exact." Wally's eyebrows furrowed slightly. "I know we agreed to keep no secrets so I thought I'd let you know about my background. Especially why I moved here to begin with."

Wally nodded, his face lightning to a more comforting tone as he also leaned against the counter.

Hopefully Leo took his time.

----------Time skiiiippppppp--------

"And that's how I ended up here." I said finally, taking a deep breath as I tried to read for any negative signs. Wally just seemed to be on an endless thought train, no soul showing behind his eyes.

I nodded slightly, walking forwards as I lightly pat him on the shoulder.

"I know it's a lot to take in so-"

"You took down a god?!" I blinked a couple times as I backed up.

"I really hope that you didn't spend that whole time pondering that one point." I said exasperatedly. He shook his head ever so slightly.

"No, no, I heard the rest. I guess I'm just trying to process it all." I nodded a little.

"I understand, if you wan-"

"I'm back Percyyy!! You should really keep your doors locked!" Leo said, his footsteps ever so clear as they made their way into the living room. It didn't take long for him to appear, his curly brown hair shaking with every step. He paused upon seeing Wally. Looking between the two of us slowly.

"Hey Leo" Wally said in a small voice, a small half grin on his face.

"Hey Wally. When Percy said you were neighbors I really didn't think she meant neighbors . I was thinking more, close buildings or something." I rolled my eyes as I turned back to the pasta, the steam now coming to a minimum. I took the two bowls I had prepared earlier as well as the pasta sauce I had and made three bowls of pasta.

I turned around to find them both laughing about something. What they were laughing about I couldn't tell you. I'd spaced out way too far to be able to tell you. I shook my head as I handed them both a bowl, handing Wally the slightly larger portion.

They happily took them, digging in immediately as they continued their conversations, only now I was able to pick up on what they were talking about.

"Yeah yeah, she completely destroyed the main room when she lost Uno, it was really funny to see her-"

I chuckled nervously as I let out a loud cough. "Ahem, Leo, I feel the need to remind you where you're staying tonight." I said, giving him a wild smile as I viciously fished out the noodles. Leo gave me a warm smile before turning to Wally.

The rest of the conversations seemed to tetter on the edge of funny stories and embarrassing ones, as it seems Leo was determined to blow all of my dignity out of existence. All in all though, it felt amazing to have Leo back, and it seems Wally and him got along better then I could have expected. 

---------------------

1091 words

Sorry for the late update! My Dad was only in town for a couple days so I needed to take a break. Please enjoy and hopefully longer chapters are in the future. 

-R

Also here's some art because I said so :)

This is a possible hero design for a Percyx MHA series I'm considering

This is a possible hero design for a Percyx MHA series I'm considering. Please don't mind the legs T^T Anatomy's hard. 

This is her dress for the Villain party

This is her dress for the Villain party. At least how I imagine it.