Chapter 13: The Ambush

-------------Leo's POV:-------------

Sure I was pissed that this girl was using my items, but I was even angrier that she looted them off of Percy's body. Even the thought of the action sickened me, but it also made me feel guilty. 

It didn't take a detective to notice the shift in the camp's mood when I returned back. Even as they celebrated my return I wondered where Percy had gone off to. It took a couple days of pestering till Jason finally broke the news. He had to guide me to the little creek in the woods where they set up a small memorial. It was a stunning memorial, with nemo and elsa toys littered around ( I always found her obsession with the two questionable but definitely funny) along with blue flowers that the Demeter kids had grown. 

And yet, even with all the stunning items strewn about, it wasn't enough. From what I'd briefly heard about her adventures she led everyone to saving the world. Not to mention the second war, so her death to a hell hound seemed out of place, wrong even. 

It didn't take more than a week for me to find out why she left in the first place, and I admit, I was angry. No, infuriated, I even considered leaving as well, but I stayed. Their regret was evident, Annabeth's red eyes suddenly made sense. Nico's hoarse voice and Will's hovering now clearing a path to the answer. 

They were guilty. They felt guilty for neglecting such a person, someone who needed help, someone who helped those when they needed help. It was a crime honestly. The fact that she was so easily cast to the side was wrong. It made me wish that I hadn't gone away, instead staying around for a while longer, maybe even taking her with me. 

Sure her and I hadn't been close on the Argo, but anything was better than how she'd been treated. 

Her being disrespected again after so many years really made my blood boil, so when we found out there was a spotting in a park not too far away. Oh for sure I was ready to go. My hands had lit ablaze and I had to be put out by a rain cloud from Jason. 

So when I finally caught sight of the woman talking with the cracked out hobo, yeah, it made me act irrationally. So I hopped out of the bushes, my hands ablaze, a hammer in one hand and a sword in the other. I was getting these items back no matter the cost. 

"Give us back that sword!!" I yelled, popping out of the bushes like a crazy maniac but I guess I'd fit in with the people in front of me now. 

The woman turned quickly, sticking her hands out as if she were summoning something but she seemed to freeze, her eyes opening wide as they set sight on me. I swear I saw a small glint as she stepped back slightly. 

"Harley! It looks like it's our time to bounce!!" the man and multicolored woman sprinted off in the other direction. They weren't our priority targets. 

The woman seemed to unfreeze, her eyes narrowing as she positioned her hands again, but before anything happened I ran forwards, noticing Jason trying to sneak up behind her. 

I tried slicing where she was standing but she merely side stepped, kicking me in the side which sent me stumbling to the side. I looked back to see Jason, his eyes bright white as electricity surrounded his hands. He reached down, nearly grabbing the woman's shoulders but she dropped to the ground, rolling to the side as Jason's hands made contact with the floor. The woman let out a deep breath as she pulled out Riptide, the weapon lighting up the dark area around her, almost like a beacon. 

Jason stood up, the lightning ceasing. The girl turned around quickly, metal clashing with metal as Riptide met Annabeth's sword. The two stared at each other for a second but with a sudden motion, one so fast I nearly didn't see it, the woman swipped Annabeth's feet out from under her feet, causing her to fall to the ground. The woman didn't give Annabeth any time, kicking her swiftly in the stomach and sending her flying backwards.