Chapter 25: Am I not a Good actor?

-----Wally pov----

"Jeez do you guys ever give up??" I asked, finishing the knot on the group of men that I've caught many times before, once again sporting their purple bandanas and orange jackets. Their fashion choices were honestly one of their biggest crimes.

"Oh shut up ya goody toe shoes! I should beat the s*hooonk* outta you!!" I rolled my eyes as a small smirk appeared on my face.

"Oh yeah, like how you beat me just now?" I asked quickly, his expression morphing into that of anger.

"Why you!!" I didn't let him finish as I ran off, the cop's already on their way as I ran.

It's been a couple days since I've seen Percy. She had left her number on her door and sure, we've texted but I really wished she didn't have to go on that company trip. Texting just wasn't the same as seeing her stunning face.

I was snatched out of my thoughts as alarms blurred in the distance. I felt my heart drop as I sprinted in that direction, the world around me turning to blurs as I dodged and weaved through cars, the lights becoming a tunnel as the wind blew by me.

As I got closer I barely managed to make out a woman disappearing and appearing mid air, jumping through the sky as she ran across the rooftops. I would recognize that black jacket anywhere.

I internally cursed as I had no idea what she'd stolen. I shook myself out of it before I ran, sprinting up the side of the building as I caught up to her.

As I got closer I noticed the way the air around her seemed to grow heavier, more humid if you will. It didn't take more than a few seconds for me to catch up, and I tried surprising her with a punch to the back but she just dropped to the floor, skidding as she looked like she was surfing on the loose gravel. I skid a bit as well, trying my best to keep from falling over as I turned to look at her.

"Hey kid Flash, it's been a minute? Care to spare me some time?" She asked, a smirk playing on her lips. I felt my brows furrow as a mocking smile appeared on my face.

"I always have time for you!" I called back, running forwards. She threw her bag in the air, the things clinking together as they did so. I decided that I had more of a chance of getting the stolen goods and getting out of here then stealing them back, so mid run I stopped, preparing myself to jump as I pushed off the ground, reaching out for the bag in the air.

I neared the bag, my fingers mere inches away before I felt a strong grip on my ankle, gravity suddenly catching up with me as I felt myself plummeting to the ground, mid fall I felt a foot step on my back causing my landing to be even harder as my free floating body suddenly met cold hard gravel.

"gods you guys really need to think ahead a little!" she said in a mocking tone, I could hear her feet hit the ground a ways away. "But I think we have more serious matters to attend to. In all honesty, I haven't stolen anything." I turned back to her quickly to see her smirk becoming more genuine, her eyes dark as she looked down at me, almost glowing in the night light.

"What?" I said unconsciously, pulling myself up quickly and preparing myself for a hard punch.

She rolled her eyes and shook her head. "You supers and your fighting, what part of I haven't stolen anything do you not understand?" She dropped the bag and out rolled some pans and bowls, all looking very used.

I felt my defense drop a little as she stood there looking relatively peaceful. "Alright, then why set off an alarm?" I asked, noticing her posture was one of relaxation.

"Well you see, I just wanted to talk with you. I feel I have something we can both use." Her voice was alluring, begging me to listen to her and yet being very convincing.