Chapter 26: Telling the Bat

(I'm lowkey like very sick rn and I practically passed out on night quill earlier so I promise I'm not entirely sleep deprived. So thank my sickness for these uploads lol.)

-----------Wally's POV:--------------

" I just need you to tell your boss or whatever that you need help catching me, that way we can make this whole ordeal go down way more quickly" This is what Orca had instructed me to do, and honestly? I was a bit concerned that I was inclined to actually believe her. I mean hear me out, she warned me while we were fighting, not to mention she didn't really sound all too keen on the Joker. Maybe she really did want to help.

These thoughts played through my mind as I slipped my mask off my face, letting it hang around my neck as I walked to the place where Batman was most likely to be. Sure it was a long shot that he was gonna listen but hey? What did I have to lose?

My feet clinked against the solid floors, the sound reverberating around the desolate hallways. No matter how hard I tried to convince myself against this I couldn't help but make arguments that aided Orca's arguments as well.

I soon found myself in the massive main room, Batman watching the screen intently as he continued his everlasting glare.

I took a deep breath before walking over.

"Hey bats!" I said as confidently as I could, accidentally pulling out the finger guns as he turned over. I swear they had a mind of their own.

He let out a short sigh before looking at me. "Kid Flash. Is there a reason you disturb me?" He asked, his voice already sounding displeased.

I pushed back my unease as I nodded. "Yeah actually, I uh, wanted to see if the justice league could intervene on a new villain. You see she's managed to escape us three times, even the specialized team. I feel this problem could get to be... clown status if you catch my drift. We fought today and I can't say that there wasn't one point in which I believed I had the upper hand."

I watched his face scrunch together at the mention of clown, he always was a bit more cautious now with that kinda thing ever since Jason kinda well... he's not been the same since and I think that wears on the bat. It's why I give him the benefit of the doubt most of the time.

He stared at me, or rather through me. He watched my every movement so I forced myself to look calm and collected. We stood there for a while before he nodded.

"Alright. I'll try and get the team together, I-"

"She offhandedly mentioned that something was happening tomorrow, I'm not sure if this helps or if she even realized she said it or not but I feel it could be important information."

He paused, glaring at me and his eye bros furrowing. He let out a small breath before nodding.

"That helps. You can go now if that's everything." I nodded quickly, turning around and fleeing the room. The plan was in motion, and I really hoped that I wasn't betting on the wrong horse here.

(Short chapter for the sake of my sanity :) )

-------------------------------

549 words I promise the next chapter will be longer lol.