Breakup, again.||28

I made my decision.

I'm calling Shawn and ending this.

After almost a year, I can't be his girlfriend anymore.

I don't deserve a guy like Shawn. Doesn't he deserve better?

I dial his number and Shawn answers after a couple of rings.

"Katie hi, how are you?!"

"Hi Shawn I have to tell you something. This is very important and I'm not sure if I can do this.."

"Ok, what is it? Are you okay?!" He says sounding worried.

This is going to be hard.

"I don't know how to say this other than we shouldn't be together anymore. I don't deserve a guy like you and I can't be your not famous girlfriend," I start to get tears in my eyes.

"People at school threatened to ruin my life if I don't breakup with you. That's not the only reason I have to end this, but I feel like now since you are getting more famous, you don't have time for me. You can never visit and you never have time for me anymore. I know I can't be selfish but I can't live like this anymore. You know I will always love you, I just don't know how this can work anymore."

"Katie--"

"Shawn please don't try to fix this. It won't work just please don't talk to me again, I can't talk to you without wanting to get back together and I know for both of us, it's the best that we stay apart. Please don't hate me, I love you. I just can't do this anymore. Don't call me and talk to me, I just can't handle talking to you, I love you too much." I say and hang up.

I get so many messages my phone starts to glitch but I just don't even answer them.

I can't be with Shawn.

I can't.

He deserves more than me. I can be with him anymore. It's just not how being famous works.

He should date someone who sings.

Someone who is famous.

Someone prettier.

Someone who isn't afraid of what people think of her.

He always tells me that I'm perfect, but I just don't know how to believe him.

I love him to much to make him be with me anymore.

I check his last message.

'If this is what you want, I will respect your decision. I love you and this breaks my heart. If this isn't what you want, I guess I just have to live with that. Bye Katie. You mean so much to me. I love you and I don't know how I'll get over this but If it's what makes you happy than I guess that is all that matters. Goodbye. '

After I read that I just start to bawl.

I was the luckiest girl in the world to have that guy.

But now, it is someone else's turn.

He is the best guy out there and I hope he ends up with someone who deserves him.