28

Touya and I entered the house together, his hand in mine, "Where were you guys? Is everything okay?", Light asked in an overly concerned tone as she rushed towards us.

"Everything's great Light", I smiled softly, my grip on his hand tightening slightly.

"Where'd your pants go?", she looked me up and down, he laughed, "Long story", I grinned widely and rushed off.

"You haven't touched your sketchbook in a while", him and I dried off after our shower together.

I stared at it on the bedside table, "Yeah, I haven't really had time", my voice tinted with sadness.

If I'm honest, I really didn't even have time to think. It's been go, go, go. Another state, another day. But it still felt like home. He felt like home.

"There's always time", he held me from behind, his head hanging in the crook of my neck, "Not enough apparently", my eyes stayed down. "Hey", he faced me, his hands holding the sides of my face.

"We don't have to do this if you don't want to", he said in a calming tone. I shut my eyes and held his hands on my face.

Part of me didn't want to. That part of me wanted to run away with him. Live together, somewhere safe. Just him and I, till our bodies became ash together. Spend all the time I had with him.

Never knowing how long we'd have, just making the time we did have, count.

But I knew a life like that wasn't possible. If my father was still alive, that life would be taken away in an instant. We'd be running constantly, always looking behind us. And I didn't want that for us, I wanted peace. Stillness.

"I have to", my voice cracked, "I know", he held me tightly.

His arms held me close, as if I were sand in is hands and slip right through. I buried my head in his chest, comfort and safety washed over me with his touch. This was home, right here in his arms.

"We're gonna do this, and we're gonna get that house- and a cat- got it?", my eyes burned with tears, he smiled sadly, "Got it".

We both knew that was nothing but a fantasy, a beautiful lie. But in this moment, we pretended it was possible. That someone like him, and someone like me. Could live happily. In a world with no more pain.

"You guys ready for the meeting- oh-", Shoto barged in, Touya and I stepped back from one another, "Yeah, we're coming", we followed him out.

"So, we need a plan", Light started, "We don't do plans", I said with a sigh. "Yeah, they're lame", Touya added, "Well, we're starting now", she glared at us.

"Who made you boss?", I shot up from my seat. "I did", she tilted her head to the side. "Oh shit here we go", Touya whispered.

"I'm older than you, that automatically gives me more power, sit down", I sapped, Shoto, Touya and Shiggy stayed quiet as they watched us with wide eyes.

"You sit down", she banged her fist on the glass table and it shattered. "I can break things too", "Hey guys- please don't-", Shoto tried to stop us, I threw my fist into the window beside me, glass shattered everywhere.

"Sit down Light", I snapped, my eyes glaring into her across the room. "You sit down Rain!", she raised her voice, "That's it!", I jumped across the shattered table and landed a right hook on her face, she fell to the ground.

She shot up, "THAT HURT!!", she screamed, "TAKE IT OUTSIDE DAMMIT!!", Shoto finally snapped. We both stopped in mid air and looked at him for a moment.

In a split second,  she threw me through the glass patio doors, I fell down on the grass outside.

"We're playing dirty now? Fine", I grabbed a rock and threw it at her face, she caught it just before it hit her.