35

I sat on the floor of the shower. The cold water hit me relentlessly. White marble walls of loss surrounded me like a prison.

Was this it for me?
Was this...my end?
Emptiness.

There was a hole in my heart. That could never be replaced. A black, deep wide hole of emptiness. I couldn't feel anything.

Emotions were...something I had once known. But no longer recognized.

I was a shell of a human. My body made of stone, nothing inside me but vacancy. My mind was gone. Any sense of control, rage...love. Was all lost...

I had nothing.

No will to lift a single bone in my body. My bones felt like concrete. My skin was raw...almost numb.

Get up Rain.
Stand up.
Do anything.
Move.
Try.

"Hey Rain, are you okay?", Deku knocked on the bathroom door. "I'm fine", my voice horse and raspy.

"You've been in the shower for an hour", I stayed quiet and stayed in the same position.

"Rain", his voice tinted with concern. "I just want to be alone", my tone tired, "Oh okay", his footsteps trailed off.

I dragged myself up slowly. My bones felt like sandpaper against my skin. I held the wall for support. I stepped out the shower and held the sink before I fell.

I was weak. Probably from the lack of food and sleep.

I didn't recognize the woman in the mirror.

Who was she?

"Rain, get dressed, we have dinner with some important people", Bakugo banged on the door, causing me to flinch. "I'm tired", I shut my eyes, "Be ready in 10", he snapped.

I rubbed my face and inhaled deeply.

I stared at the dress laid out on the bed. "Can't even dress myself", I glared at the expensive gown.

 "Can't even dress myself", I glared at the expensive gown

"Take my arm", Bakugo fixed his coat, "No". "I wasn't asking", he grabbed my wrist tightly.

I was too tired to fight back. To do anything in fact.

I took his arm and Deku guided us down the hall.

There were two men seated at the table. One with black hair, the other was older, with gray hair.

"Rain, young Bakugo, please sit", my father smiled at us. Bakugo sat at the end and I sat just beside him. Deku beside the black haired man.

"Rain this is Shota Aizawa, and Hiroshi Aizawa", I recognized that name, it was my mother's maiden name. "Your grandfather and uncle", the older man side eyed me. My lips parted slowly.

I never knew my mother had a brother...

"Gentlemen, this is my eldest daughter, Rain Toshinori", he introduced me. "You look just like her", Shota whispered as he stared me down, regret in his eyes.