18

"Where am I driving?", Dabi asked as he took a sharp right turn onto the main road. "I have a house in Napa, go north", Shoto said, Dabi and I both looked back at him.

"What?", he said innocently, "The Todoroki family is super loaded, why are you surprised?", Dabi and I looked at each other.

"I have a jet there too, we can take that to Jersey for the event", he said in an unbothered tone, "A JET?!", Dabi and I yelled at the same time.

"Yeah, why is that so shocking? Rain you should know-", "I never got a jet".

"Well, my father likes to buy our love so", he shrugged his shoulders, "You're the favorite, aren't you?", Dabi glanced at him in the rearview mirror.

"Yeah", Shoto looked to the side, bothered. "Must be nice", Dabi whispered so Shoto wouldn't hear.

Dabi's POV:

After a few hours of driving, Rain fell asleep.

"Take the next exit", I heard Shoto say from the back, I listened. "Rain asleep?", he asked, "Yeah, probably tired from kicking all that ass".

Shoto let out a small laugh, "She definitely kicked ass, she might even be stronger than me", I started to grin, "She's definitely a lot stronger".

"Hey!", he snapped, I laughed, "Relax, I know she could kill me with her bare hands too". I glanced at him in the rearview mirror.

"She's something else, isn't she?", a smile crept up on his face, "She sure is", I looked at her sleeping beside me.

I parked in the long driveway. "I got her, grab the weapons", I said to him. I started to lift her, careful not to wake her.

"Hey Dabi", Shoto approached me, "What?", I started to walk. "She really cares about you, just...don't hurt her", he said, his eyes and tone honest.

"I don't plan on it", I looked at her sleeping face.

"Is that everything?", Shoto asked as I laid back on the sofa, "Who gives a shit", I sighed. "That was one hell of a morning", he sat beside me, "No shit", I started to light a cigarette.

"So why do you want to take down Endeavor?", he looked at me, "Let's just say he took something from me, and I won't get it back till he's dead".

"Can I have one?", he asked, I handed him the pack of cigarettes.

"He's got a lot of enemies, I'm surprised he hasn't been killed yet", he said, I threw my head back.

"He's a manipulator, that's how", my eyes flat and bored. "I'll drink to that", he let out a laugh, I joined him. "It won't be easy taking him down, you sure you're up for it kid?", he looked to me, "I've never been more sure of anything, Rain helped me see that".

"What's the date?", he asked me, I checked my phone, my face fell slowly, "The 18th", I said quietly.

"I'm gonna go for a walk, you guys are welcome to help yourself to whatever", he smiled and walked off. "Where you going?", I looked back, "It's my brothers birthday".

I shut my eyes and my head fell. I wiped the blood trickling from the scars under my eyes.

"I'm sorry Shoto", I whispered, inhaling the cigarette. I ran my hand through my hair.

I couldn't deny it. I missed him, I missed having a brother. But he thought I was gone, and it would be a lot easier for him to think that than the alternative.

Seeing me like this, who knows what it would do to him. It's for the best. He doesn't need to know the truth, to keep him safe.

"Hey, where's Shoto?", Rain asked with a yawn as he walked down the marble staircase. "He's out", I put the cigarette out.