11

I slipped the gun he gave me in the leather holster on my thigh, I added a few small blades just in case.

"Gloves?", he asked, noticing my black velvet gloves, "I have 2 blades hidden in these", I slipped them out and showed him, "Ah, I see".

"Shall we?", he held his arm out, I glanced at his hand.

I had to play along, pretend nothing happened, pretend I didn't hear anything. If I wanted this to work, I needed to play the part.

I grinned and hooked my arm in his, "Let's raise hell", he said, I smirked. You have no idea...

"Names please?", the man guarding the door to the ball room asked us, "Mr and Mrs Smith", Dabi grinned, I let a small laugh out. "So he does have a sense of humor", I said quietly to Dabi as we entered the grand room.

"It was my idea", he wiggled his brows, "Why am I not surprised?", I let out a sigh. "Let's get a drink", I followed him to the bar, his hand locked with mine.

"Martini, thanks", I said to the man, "Same", Dabi nodded. "Bold move, you sure you can handle it?", the man handed us our drinks.

I sipped mine, he coughed a little as he sipped his. I smiled, "How do you drink this?", he wiped his mouth.

I scanned the room, "What's the target look like?", I said quietly, "Half red half white hair, burn scar on the red haired side", Dabi leaned closer to me.

My eyes met his, he had one grey colored eye, one blue colored. I narrowed my eyes slightly, and looked him up and down.

"Found him", I downed the rest of my drink, "You did-how-", "He wont approach if you're with me, go", I set the glass down on the bar.

"Rain I'm your backup", Dabi said sternly, "Then back me up from over there!", I snapped, he sighed and walked off.

My eyes met Shoto's every now and then, I made small talk with the guests around me. Empty smiles and laughs as I joined their pointless conversations.

"Another martini please", I pushed my empty glass on the bar top. "Make it two", I heard a deep voice say beside me.

I glanced at the figure, and it was him. "What are the chances?", he handed me my drink, "Hm?", I stared into his different colored eyes.

The blue eye was almost familiar, I saw the same rage and pain. A deep blue fire burning with chaos.

"Everyone's dancing and he's not with you", he grinned, I smiled and looked to the side. My eyes met Dabi's, he was glaring at me from afar, his eyes burning with jealously.

"We had a ...disagreement", I sipped my drink, my eyes fixated on his. "What a shame", his eyes narrowed for a moment.

"For him", I raised one brow, he grinned, "I never would've left you alone", he leaned closer, "Is that so?". "Thinking I'm gonna steal you from him, what do you say?", he held his hand out, I took it.

He guided me towards the dancefloor.

His left hand slipped to my lower waist, the other, holding my right hand. I held his shoulder with my free hand, our faces close.

"So you got a dance, do I get a name?", I asked as we swayed, "Shoto Todoroki, you?", "Serena Smith", I lied.

"Shoto Todoroki, sounds important", I said into his neck, "Only in certain circumstances", he retorted. "And what would those circumstances entail?", his hand softly pulled my body closer to his, "When my father's involved".

"Who's your father?", I asked him, he held my hand out and spun me around.

He pulled me back to his chest quickly, "You ask a lot of questions, Serena", "When I want something, I don't hesitate to get it".