16

A/n: I really wanted to give Shoto and Touya that same relationship that Sasuke and Itachi have because it's so beautiful to me, so I did that. IT MAKES MY HEART TO HAPPY I HAD TO.

I sat down on the front porch, needing some quiet and fresh air. I didn't even notice Shoto sitting beside me I was so wrapped up in my thoughts.

"You okay Rain?", he asked as he set a grocery bag down beside him.

"I'm fine", I said, my eyes on the floor. "Did you guys get into a fight?", my gaze lifted, "Something like that".

"Who's in the wrong?", I looked to him, "Him obviously", I said with no hesitation. He raised his brows lightly.

"Have you tried to put yourself in his position?", I knitted my brows, "No but I know his position-", "You don't know everything, you need to try and see things from his point of view". I sighed in frustration.

"But he doesn't get it- he's not understanding!", I raised my voice, "Maybe you need to understand him first, not the other way around".

I pondered his words, really thinking about what he said.

"You need to listen", I looked to him, "I listen", he raised his brows, I sighed in defeat.

"You two will work it out, I'm sure of it", he smiled and looked ahead. "How do you do that? Smile like the world isn't falling apart?", I asked him, "My brother, Touya", he looked down, the smile still on his face.

"He told me, no matter how much it hurts, smile and the pain will go away", my face fell slightly.

Dabi, what happened to your smile...

"When we trained together, and my dad pushed us too far, he'd always find a way to make me smile", he let out a small laugh.

He faced me and held his hand up. He tapped my forehead with his index and middle finger. "Like that", I started to smile, "He did?".

"Yeah, every time I was about to give up, he'd be there next to me, and he'd do that, it always made me laugh, but most importantly. Smile", he looked up at the sky. My eyes started to water.

"Don't be sad, I'm sure he's smiling up there", I wiped the tear falling down my face and looked up at the sky, "Yeah, I'm sure he is", my voice cracked. "Do you miss him?", I looked to him, "Everyday".

"There's this tree by my house, I used to go there on his birthday and talk to him, keep him updated, you know- keep him In the loop", he joked.

"You did?", "Yeah, every January 18th", his tone quiet. I shut my eyes, hiding the pain in my eyes.

"He was the best older brother I could've asked for", his smile grew as he talked about him, "Always protected me from dad when he got angry, took the blame for stupid things I did, I was close with my other siblings, but not as close as I was with him", he paused, "Just wish we had a little more time, you know?", I nodded softly, "Yeah, I know".

"Well, we should get to bed, it's getting late", he stood up and held his hand out, I took it.

"Remember to listen", he said before he went into his room. I tried to knock but my arm wouldn't move.

I exhaled deeply, "Listen Rain, listen", I whispered to myself. "What do you want?", Dabi asked from across the hallway.

"To talk", I faced him, "Not interested", he shoved past me, I grabbed his arm, "Not asking".

"Guess I answered anyway", my grip on his arm tightened, "If I don't understand, then make me understand", I said, as we stood side by side.

"Not in the mood Rain", he pulled his arm back. "Don't fucking walk away from me", he ignored my words.