8

"So do we even have a plan?", I asked as Dabi sped down the deserted road. Hawks laughed, "Not really", I sighed, "Great".

"We have a plan shut up", Dabi snapped, I glanced at him, "Do share with the rest of the class please".

"Shoto Todoroki, Endeavor's youngest son will be giving a speech at this event, and we need you to get close to him, close enough to where the kid trusts you", he paused, "Then we get the answers we need".

"What if he doesn't talk? What then?", I asked, "He'll talk", he looked me up and down.

"And what if he recognizes me? I trained with him when I was a kid", Dabi sighed, "We planned for that, don't worry you'll have a disguise".

"He's an idiot, too smart for his own good, he'll talk, trust me", Dabi said as he stared ahead. I studied his face, he talked about Shoto as if he knew him, maybe a friend or something.

There was more to the story here, and I was going to find out what it was.

I looked in the rearview mirror, I noticed the same black SUV behind us. "We're being followed", I said quietly, "What?", Hawks sat up, "Don't turn around", I said quickly.

"How do you know?", Dabi asked me, "He's been on our ass since Ohio".

"Fuck", Dabi muttered under his breath, "Take this left up ahead", I said. I watched the car closely, but all the windows were tinted.

I looked at the license plate, "FUCK!!", I yelled, "What?", Dabi said quickly. "New York plates", I looked to him with wide eyes, "Shit!!", he slammed his fists on the wheel. Realizing we had been followed the entire time.

"Take this right then a left", I said quickly, thinking of a plan. "I have a plan, do you guys trust me?", I looked between them. "Yeah", Dabi said with no hesitation, "Yes".

"Hawks give me your gun", I held my hand out, "What- no this is my new-", "Give me the fucking gun", I snapped, he handed it to me quickly.

"When I say, I need you to drift to the right, got it?", I glanced at Dabi he nodded. I rolled my window down, my eyes fixated on the front left tire. I narrowed my eyes slightly and bit my lip.

"NOW!!", I yelled before I shot their front left tire.

Dabi swerved to the right and missed the uncontrolled car by an inch. "Stay in the car", Dabi opened his door, "Fuck you, I shot the car down", I left the car with him, "Hey guys-", "Hawks' words were cut off when the door closed.

"What's our plan?", he asked, "Get them to talk and if they don't, then kill them", I checked to see how many bullets I had left. "Ruthless, that's hot", he said, rolled my eyes, "Cover me?", I cracked my neck, "Yeah".

We started to approach the crashed car, our weapons ready to fire. "Who are you?", I yelled.

The drivers door opened, a man stumbled out, blood trickling down his face. He held up a gun, "Who sent you?!", I yelled, firing my gun at his leg.

He fell down and held his new wound. I stared down at him.

"R-Ren!!", the man cried out in pain. My eyes went wide, "There's someone else in-", my words were stopped when a bullet hit my shoulder.

"RAIN!!", Dabi yelled. I held my shoulder and fired my gun at the car, one bullet after the next, until the clip was empty.

He lifted me and kept shooting at the car, making sure whoever was in it, was dead. "HAWKS!! Start the car!!", Dabi yelled.

"Fuck", I winced in pain and blood poured out of my shoulder. Dabi placed me in the back seat and laid me on his chest. "GO! Drive dammit!!", he yelled, Hawks quickly sped off into the road.