Chapter Thirty-Seven

Leron Angelo's POV

"You never changed. Right love? He never changed." I quickly agreed with Declan when he turned to look at me after withdrawing his gaze from my best friend.

I nod my head consecutively. "I got scared for nothing these past few days. Or should I say, I was kind of relieved?" Declan and I laughed together after I said those words.

Arson abruptly stopped putting food into his mouth and swallowed the foods he was still munching on. He lifted his head and glared at the two of us.

"What's with that attitude?? First, you treated me to this cheap restaurant. And now you're laughing at me. You guys are sure having fun bullying me." Declan leaned on the other side of the table and reached for Arson, only to hit Arson slightly on the top of his head.

"Cheap, you say? But you ordered almost everything that was on their menu!" Declan almost yelled at Arson, and I just laughed my butt off while watching the two act like children, just like in the past.

In all honesty, the two of them didn't change.

Yes, they become mature. Became more dependable than before. And also grow, especially with their appearance. Playing around has become their past time in the past five years. But now, it seems like they are always serious and steady with their lives at the moment.

However, their attitudes are almost the same as in the past.

"But Angel's the one who promised me that it's alright to pinch some money out of your wallet." I froze on my spot as soon as those words slipped out of Arson's mouth. I tried to look away from the two of them. I pretended to look around the simple restaurant we were in at the time.

"He said that?" Declan asked, kinda shock. I nervously bite on my lower lip, trying to suppress the giggles that are forcing themselves to come out of my persistent mouth.

"Mhm." Arson hummed in reply.

"Alright then. As long as he is willing to pay me back later." I quickly turned my head and looked at Declan as he said that. My eyes turned big and my face became red.

He's so obvious with that! The way he said those words, it was so obvious that there was a deep meaning behind them. He is just a slut!

The devil smirked at me and crossed his arms over his chest. He was staring at my face and slowly moving his eyes down to my body.

Sensually. Seductively.

I almost squirmed and shivered under his long, intense gaze. Not until Arson decided to break the tension between us by putting his hand up and calling for a waiter to come get him so that he could ask for an extra rice.

Declan sniffs and pouts his lip. He is obviously disappointed at the sudden distraction. And I'm not really feeling the same as him. I'm really relieved. I looked away and shifted in my seat, reaching for my water to drink because I could feel my saliva thickening inside my mouth.

When Arson had finished eating, he summoned the waiter once more to bring us the bill for what we had consumed.

"This place is so good. The food in this place was so good. Remember my face and I'll definitely come back here, okay?" Declan and I both looked at Arson blankly after hearing what he said to the waiter. The poor waiter could only smile and agree.