Chapter Sixteen

Chapter Sixteen

Leron Angelo's POV

My science notebook. Yes, my science notebook is missing for already 2 days right now. And if the relationship between me and Declan is keeping me from having an enough sleep, that science notebook of mine is keeping me for having a good daily life.

I feel like I'm going crazy—no, perhaps I am already crazy.

“Ahh!”

“Leron! Someone is here for you, will you come downstairs please?” I heard my Mamu yelled from the outside, and even if I am frustrated and on edge right now. I can't just ignore my mother. Plus, I am curious as who is the person outside waiting for me. It's definitely not Arson. That person can go in and out inside our house, even in the middle of the night. If it's Declan, I should have received a text first but nothing.

Without any choice, I let out a tired and a low grunt before slipping away from my bed  and drag myself towards the living room.

“Mamu, who are they?” I asked without raising my head up first. And when I'm finally at the front door, there I saw a familiar figure of a man talking to my mother politely.

My eyebrows furrowed. With a slow move, I walk myself towards them. “Olea's brother? Why, why are you here?” I asked stepping infront of my mother, not leaving an eye on the man infront of me.

“Oh, hi! Um, I just wanted to bring this back to you,” he said and I look down at his lending hand. Oh, shit.

“That's my notebook! Where did you saw it?” I said in so much relief and joy. “I didn't saw it, actually. My girl classmate did.” he pointed towards his car and I look at it. And because the window of the passenger seat is open, there I saw the girl classmate he
was saying.

“Oh! Thank you, thank you! You don't know how much you guys saved me. I've been looking for this notebook since like 2 days already, thank you. Really.” Because of the unexpected heavy emotion that had just been lifted inside of me, I truly said and unknowingly rambled with my words.

Gerald laugh, causing me to arrange myself a little. Clearing my throat I felt my mother pinch me on my waist and give Gerald a playful wink, before leaving to the kitchen.

“Sorry about that, it's just, you're amusing.” he said soon after, wiping the slight tears in the corner of his eyes in the process. He sure is a cheerful person.

I smile and rolled my eyes.

“Whatever. Hey, you might wanna come inside?” I offered although I already know the chance of him agreeing is so small, after all he has someone waiting for him. But still, I need to be hospitable sometimes you know.

The man immediately showed a disappointed reaction. I don't know why he had to when he can just say that he can't, really. “Unfortunately, I can't.” he finally said and I straighten myself.

“Figured you'd say that. Well anyways, I'm just really being a hospitable person. There's no need to feel guilty at all.” I said as a matter of fact while shrugging my shoulders. He chuckles one more time before finally saying goodbye and walking back towards his car.

I didn't fully expected to have a good and comfortable conversation with that man. But more importantly, I got my science notebook back. Why didn’t I immediately think of that when it was gone?