Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

Leron Angelo's POV

Our classes passed quickly until the bell rang, indicating that it was lunch already. Like I said, Declan and I are classmates. It's kinda weird, to be honest. Because, before we never seemed to be in the same class. I'm not too bothered by his presence, and it's as if I don't even exist for him, but now...there's really something weird.

This morning, I often caught him talking to others, which is normal because he's Declan. However every time I look at him, he will caught me and look back at me.

And the weirdest thing today? We are walking together, ALONE—without company from anyone, to the canteen which never happened back then.

Because of that, I am freaking nervous right now. I don't know what to say to him or am I even allowed to talk to him. And somehow, the walk towards canteen seems to have lasted longer than before.

What's with today? Something weird keeps on happening. Maybe this is Arson's curse to me? Just because I didn't lend him my homework?? Wait, is that even possible?!

“What happened to the girl?” I adjusted my posture and forced myself to look comfortable, before answering his question which I did not fully expect. Hearing his voice this near is just so unreal.

“It's nothing that serious. She just suddenly became super red, my guess is her illness attacked.” I answered immediately, surprisingly I did not stutter or what. All right, maybe I can pull this off until we get into the canteen.

I watch him raised his eyebrows and the corner of his lips lifting in amusement. I don't even know what's amusing right now. I nibble on my lower lip, thinking about the situation I'm in.

“Idiopathic craniofacial erythema, it is?” he ask leaning a little, I nod at him because that's what I'm thinking as well earlier. “Now, what did you say that made the lady turn into red?” he asked in a teasing tone and nudge my arm unexpectedly.

Now he's being touchy with me. He never even lay his eyes on me before, why now?

I rolled my eyes at his remark gaining a little confidence on myself, that earned a chuckle from him. And now, I'm responding to him like this is normal as well. Really, what the heck is going on?

“I did not do anything. We were...” just talking about gay topics. “We were just talking about the project.” plus, I don't really know what's running inside Mathea's head. I did not even say anything that will make her embarrassed. So what is that for?

“Uh-huh.” he said, not believing me. But then he suddenly ruffles my hair. His fingers running on my scalp that send shivers down my spine. And after that, he start walking ahead of me.

That's when I realized that we're already at the canteen's doorstep. I sigh, it felt like this was the first time I breathe again. I touch my head. I can still feel his fingers touching it. And just by thinking of it, my heart is thumping loudly, my stomach' still full of butterflies as I walk myself towards the counter. 

I need to buy food. I'm just hungry.

While busy buying a food for me, someone poke me from behind. I'm already finished buying anyway, therefore I immediately face the person who wants my attention.