Chapter Thirty

Chapter Thirty

Leron Angelo's POV

I opened my eyes. I slowly raised my head up and straightened myself from my seat. 

Shit. I fell asleep. 

I rub my eye while looking around me. Oh, the others already packed up. I'm the only one in here. Guess, I'll go home now as well. There is nothing to do anyway. After finishing my last project, I fell asleep without even knowing. 

I was really tired. That last project was no joke. But I'm glad though. More work, more money. Hehe.

Let's move on and stop for a coffee on the way home. I quickly closed the lights on the floor after gathering my belongings from my table and began making my way towards the elevator.

Pushing the button down, the ride on the elevator only lasted for almost three minutes, since the floor where I was assigned was just on the second floor. Once I got out of the elevator, the guard who was on duty for tonight immediately greeted me. 

“Good work today! Be careful on your way!" He cheerfully said and I just wave at him with a warm smile.

I yawned. It's already dark. My co-workers probably tried to wake me up earlier, but because I was exhausted, I probably did not even budge. I was so brave to sleep during office hours since my project was already done. I even completely forgot about our seniors and our department head.  

But I know that I'll still get a scolding after that.

In any case, I feel like I want some brown coffee right now. Luckily, I know of one convenience store that is open 24 hours every day. It is also near my workplace. Actually, I always buy brown coffee there whenever I stay up this late for work. 

The cashier boy there is really nice and cute. He's way softer than me. We've been talking comfortably to each other ever since. And I am so amazed at the fact that he's still in his college years.

Ah, don't get me wrong. I'm not interested in him. I just thought that he was such a hard-working kid.

“Good evening!” My voice was so cheerful when I said that loudly once I opened the door of the said store. But as soon as I realized that I wasn't the only customer present at that time, my face immediately turned bright red out of embarrassment.

I overheard some of the customer's chuckles, which made me even more embarrassed. One of them is the boy that I was referring to. 

What am I doing? I’m so used to almost not reaching anyone else in the store at this hour that I’ve forgotten my manners! 

Embarrassing. That is so embarrassing!

I simply make my way to the coffee department in a stealthy and clumsy manner. And as soon as I had my hands on what I wanted, I dashed over to the cashier.

To the cashier, where there's a boy who is already smiling softly at me. I scoff a little and just settle in front of him. I put the coffee in front of him so that he could scan it. He grins silently, which makes me a bit irritated. 

I already knew how much it was, so I just put down the exact amount of money he needed. He handed me over the coffee in return that I immediately opened and drank for some.