Chapter Thirty-Six

Warning: SPG

Chapter Thirty-Six

Leron Angelo's POV

Saturday has arrived. Declan and I are no longer at work, and I told him earlier that we would meet with my chosen engineer for our soon-to-be-built home.

Our soon-to-be-home sweet home. 

”Who is this engineer, anyway? Why are you so eager to meet him? It's not like you've already finished the designs.” With a slightly irritated tone, he inquired. He'd already been that way before. Instead of doing something like that, he suggested that we just go on a date. Again.

I rolled my eyes and pursed my lips at the same time. Well, that's not a bad idea, but we can always go on a date after this. 

“For your information, it will be done anytime soon. Also, you must see our engineer later. I won't tell you who it is. But I promise you, he is the best. He's actually my partner from my last project.“ I answered back with a very proud smile.

“Your last partner from your previous project. You mean Gerald?” I really became a statue as soon as he mentioned that name. I was even confident about it being a surprise, and here he was, already knowing who it was— 

Wait, wait, wait, how did he know? I never told him. Or did I? No way! I swear I never told him about Gerald! 

I turned to him with the side of my lips twitching, as I still tried to put on a force serious smile on my face. “Roye, Declan. I'm thinking that I'm just assuming, but did you happen to run a background check on me?” I ask with a serious smile.

Declan's eyebrows perked up, the side of his lips also lifting a little. Forming a smirk on those sinful lips of his.

“And what if I did so?” He cockily asked, and here I thought he was going to stutter like what I read in those romantic novels and whatever before. 

I guess I'm not fit to be the dominant character here.

“W-why would you do that?” I  asked. Of course, I am well aware that I'm the one who just stuttered. Standing straight and looking away from him, while clearing my throat at the same time.

“Do you really wanna know?” He asked, suddenly he's unexpectedly so close to me, and I almost gasped. It's a good thing I didn't take a step back from him because I don't want to appear intimidated by him, even though my stomach and chest are already in a state of panic.  

His face also suddenly darkened. His demeanor changed and that made me more nervous than before.

What? What is this? I didn't say anything taboo, right? 

He leaned forward and pulled me by my waist in a not so gentle move. I was shocked at first, but this is Declan we're talking about so I remained calm somehow. I don't need to be afraid of him. 

“Love, did you really think I will let you go away from me in that five years without knowing what you're doing at the same time?” He said this in a very serious tone. His low voice sent shivers down my spine. 

I gulp as I felt his hands tighten its hold on both sides of my body. 

My eyes eventually fell out from staring at his eyes. I completely accept the defeat in our intense staring contest. But some part of me is still not giving up, so instead, I stare directly into his pointy nose.