Chapter Thirty-Three

Warning: SPG

Chapter Thirty-Three

Leron Angelo's POV

“Good work today everyone!” We all smiled and greeted each other with those lines, until one of our co-architects offered some dinner outside.

“Ah! I'm sorry, I can't join you guys tonight.” I said with an apologetic smile. The others stopped and looked behind me. I also looked at what they were looking at, only to see Arson's car parked in front of the building.

Arson opened his side window and immediately waved at me with an excited smile on his face. 

“What is it? What is it? Is he your boyfriend, Mr. Nieves?” Rojillian asked, her eyes literally narrowing at Arson.

I sigh. But I'm actually shocked at her words. I mean, I never really mentioned to them that I was even gay. So how can she positively ask that question without any hesitation? 

What a good observer.

“No. He's Arson. My bestfriend and he's more like a brother to me.” I explained and just received a long 'ahh' sounds from them.

Wait, why do I feel like they are so interested in my love life?

“So why can't you go? Are you going to have dinner with him? You can invite him over you know—”I immediately shook my head towards Jason. That immediately made him stop talking. Ahh! I don't mean to be rude. 

“No, we have a birthday party to attend to. It's actually our friend's birthday.” I explained once again and they all just nodded their heads this time. I watched all of them walk away first and sigh, before jogging towards Arson's car.

I opened the door and got in. As soon as I settled in comfortably, Arson immediately drove away from the building.  He glance at me. “How was work today? Take it easy, huh?” He said and I purse my lips a little. “Don't be concerned. I don't intend to finish Declan's house design any time soon. Or should I say, unless and until we talk about ourselves?”

He laugh at my words while I grin a little.

“You're a damn devil.” He remarked with some shaking of his head while I just rolled my eyes at him. Devil? I'm no devil. I'm just really getting desperate with how things are going right now. Yeah, that's it.

I lost track of time as my mind wandered through the clouds, as the two of us made our way to the bar where Emman's birthday was being celebrated.

I was so busy admiring God's art that only a tap on the shoulder from Arson pulled me out of my train of thoughts. I looked at him with my eyebrows perked up. “I said we're here. Angel, are you still with me?” He asked with a frown. I shake my head and sigh, giving him a tight lipped smile.

I need to focus! Declan is probably going to be here, or perhaps he's already inside. I need to focus and approach him immediately so that we can talk things through. I need to know if he still wants to be with me or not. I have to or else it will bug my conscience until I become mad. 

Arson park the car properly. And then we went inside the bar together. It's a resto bar. This suddenly reminds me of the resto bar we used to go to when we were still in our senior high school. The music, the crowd, the dancing lights, the aroma of drinks, and the scent of smoke in the air. Everything I see inside has a nostalgic feel about it. The main difference is that one resto bar is far larger than the other.