Chapter Twenty-One

Chapter Twenty-One

Lero Angelo's POV

As soon as we exited Declan's car, we both walked straight to the front door of my house. With my suitcase on the other hand, I used my other available hand to open and twist the doorknob. 

But before opening the door widely, I look back at Declan whose still standing infront of me. I smile. “Aren't you going inside your car?” I playfully ask him because he's not moving at all.

I watch him nervously bite on his lower lip until he finally decided to move his body and speak.

“Last one.” Declan blurted out and I was confused at the moment. I don't have any idea of what he's suddenly talking about, when out of the blue he cupped my face with his one huge hand and pull me closer to his. Making me let go of the doorknob and accidentally pushing the door slightly.

And then, in just a blink of an eye, a soft thing is already on top of my lips. He pulled away shortly and reconnected our lips again. The sounds of our kiss are so addicting.

However after that, he finally let go of me and walk away without even saying anything. I gulp and shake my head with a grin on my face. He honk his car three times before driving away,

And he's gone.

With a relief sigh, I finally turn around ready to walk in only to find my mother sitting on our sofa. I almost jump because of it, to be honest, but refrained myself from being obvious. Oh God, please tell me that she didn't saw that. It's not just I'm going to be screw, it's also embarrassing! Plus, I am not ready about their opinion of me...

The habit of between my fingers whenever I am nervous has begun. “Hi Mamu.” I greet her with a smile. I just hope my expression does not look like I was forcing myself into it.

She smiles, her natural smile, the one she always used towards me. That kind smile. Phew. Because of that smile, it somehow made me calm.

“Hi honey! Welcome back. Did you enjoy the trip? And who dropped you here? Was it Declan?” She started asking one after another. And when she mentioned Declan's name, I just don't know how I'm going to feel.

I walk fully into the house. I carefully closed the door behind me before answering my mother's questions. “Yes, I enjoyed it. And uh, yes, it's Declan who drove me home. He dropped me along with Arson.” I explained naturally. I did not want my mother to get a hint of my nervousness.

My mother stand up from the sofa and turn around to face me. “Then, you're probably tired. Go get some rest. Good night, honey. Tomorrow, let's talk some more.” she said, and right that time. I already knew that she saw something...

“Okay.” I kiss her on the cheek before I drag myself inside my room. Right after I close the door of my bedroom, I immediately put away my things from me and plop myself on my bed.

I sigh and close my eyes, as I overthink about my mother's words about "talking some more" tomorrow. Did she really catch us? That's embarrassing! Yes, but... I'm really more worried about how they'll react.

Knowing that their son just kissed another boy. Ahh. I think my head and chest are about to explode!

To be honest, all I wanted to do right now was reach for my phone and dial Arson and Declan's numbers. I want to tell them my hunch, but then because I also think of it as a hunch, I don't think that it is a good idea to tell them either. After all, I am still not sure if Mamu really saw me and Declan kissing.