chapter 11

Bondita's pov

"i am in love...", I said silencing their laughter and they started looking each other confusedly before asking , "with"?.

I smirked internally as i thought my plan of pranking them was working , unknown to the fact that I was being targeted again.

"With", i said while trying to blush.

"Witthhhhh....", I said again while pretending to blush hard.

"With your family and career right?", shravani asked as my parents started laughing along with her.

My eyes widened as she caught my joke and my face turned grumpy hearing their non stop laughter.

"Arghh, stop it !!", I said frustratedly and they tried to muffle their laughters.

"How can you be so sure , that i don't have a boyfriend?", I asked irritatedly.

"Didi , it is because you are not capable of it ", shravani said casually and i whined "baba, see her na", while slapping her forearm not so softly.

"Shravani beta , you should not say a truth openly like this , see how much it hurts your sister ", he mocked pretending to be serious and my mouth made a 'o', hearing his response to her stupid talks.

I whined and puffed my cheeks indicating that i am super angry with them.

They chuckled seeing my reaction but no one stepped forward to pacify me.

"I am angry ", i said trying to register in their mind about my anger and that they have to convince me to forgive them for mocking me.

My father let out a low laugh before stepping forward and held my hand.

"Beta , what Shravani said was true ", he repeated her point and i furrowed my eyebrows as in the place of pacifying me he was still supporting her .

Seeing my reaction , he added , "but the main reason for not believing your false claim of having a boyfriend was because of the trust we are having in you. Till date , you have been sharing every minute things which happens in your life with us and we also know you inside out . We know that you can't hide anything from us. And we are sure that before taking any such big decisions in your life , you would consult us or atleast inform/share us about it. Am i right Bondita?, He asked and i nodded happily seeing the trust they have on me.

Should I be happy because i have got such an understanding family or should be sad that i cannot even hide a small thing from them,even if I want to do so?

"Of course I should be happy" , i thought to myself.

As i rewinded my father's words , it made me feel guilty for hiding that night's incident from them. It's not that i haven't hidden anything from them before ,ofcourse i have hidden some worthless minor incidents but this particular incident is the first major incident that i had not said them which would probably haunt me for lifetime .

'Did i break their trust?'

'Would I be able to tell them the whole truth?'

'Will the whole truth come......'

My chain of thoughts broke as i felt my sister nudging my left shoulder.

She raised her eyebrows , symbolically asking me , what was running inside my mind and i simply nodded my head in a 'no' with a faint smile.

As they started speaking about different topics , i tried to involve in it by forgetting my guilty feelings but somehow it was still running in my subconscious mind, making me nervous.