Chapter 2

" I guess she is pregnant "

What ? I asked her making her furrow her brows.

Bondita's pov,

" What? " Is this even a question to ask, and that too with such an annoying look.

I just furrowed my eyebrows in return as I wasn't able to understand his question.

" How can you be so sure that she is pregnant without even checking her properly ?" , he asked me .
Doesn't he have eyes, just now I checked her na.

"Just now i checked her sir by.....

"By checking her pulse??", He asked me by cutting of me in middle .

I just nodded my head in return.

"Seriously !! by just checking her pulse you have concluded that she is pregnant, he yelled at me . "How could you be sure about it ?"

How is he expecting me to confirm this , is this a criminal case to provide evidence to prove it, huhhh!!! Shrugging of my thoughts I replied softly,
"Sir first of all I am a doctor , to be specific a gynecologist , I saw her vomiting yesterday and she has fainted now , I had also checked her pulse , she has all signs of a pregnant...."

"Oh come on , it can also be due to acidity or dehydration na?"he spoke again in between, cutting me in middle

Is he a doctor or I am a doctor ? He is so rude .
"Sir I..." , I stopped in middle as i found slight movements in her body .

"I guess she is getting her conscious back" , I murmured to my self and made her stand

"Hey what are you doing ?" , he asked me . Does he only knows to question others , this man is getting on my nerves now.

"I am taking her to my room , we cannot let her stay in this scorching heat , she needs to rest" I replied him , "Instead of standing there could you please come and help me ", I asked him

He gave slight nod and held her other shoulder and we took her to my room and made her sit on the bed.

I poured some water in a glass and made her drink it . I sat near her and asked "How are you feeling now ?"

"Better" , she replied in a feeble voice. "What happened to me ?"

"Nothing to worry , I guess you are...."

"Stop it , we aren't sure about it" , he replied once again cutting off me in middle argh!!!

I gave him a stern look gritting my teeth and was about to reply him back, that was when we heard a knock .

I bent myself to look at the door step to find Diya standing there with a brown packet in her hand.

I went and collected the packet from her with a slight smile.

I gave that packet to the lady and she gave me questioning look.

I asked her to open it . As she opened it her eyes welled up making me confuse.

"What is this ?", she asked me.

"Pregnency kit , you have to check once, I guess you are pregnant" , I replied her smiling and noticed that the man beside me was glaring at me angrily

No , I am not pregnant , she said to me chuckling sadly

I gave her a questioning look , she looked at me and replied, "I had two miscarriages in the last three years, and my doctor told me that I only have a 10% chance of getting pregnant again."I really felt sorry for her.

"Oh I am sorry , but you shouldn't lose hope , you should check once " , I told her .

She nodded her head in denial , and I tried to convince her again.

"Stop forcing her" , he yelled at me , "come lets go didi ,she is wasting our time", he said and was about make the lady stand .

"Could you please stop yelling at me and get out of the room , I need to talk to her in private , I shouted at him." When he was about reply me back , the lady interrupted and asked him to go out .He went out gritting his teeth.

"And Mrs..."

"Sandhya"

"Mrs Sandhya I would recommend you to check once" . I tried convincing her again and finnally she agreed.

She went to check and I left the room giving her privacy .

As soon as I went out, I saw that grumpy man standing there with a stern and annoyed look. I have been noticing him since the time he came here. He just had this stern look in his face and was talking to everyone in a rude manner. I doubt whether he knows how to smile or not .Huhhh!!!

"I doubt whether she is really a doctor or not " he muttered under his breath seeing me and it was audible enough for me to hear those words. I just gave him a glare and stood there quitely .

Anirudh's pov,

After sometime , we heard a loud cry from inside the room , we both panicked and rushed together and saw Sandhya di sitting in front of the bathroom and crying loudly.

I went near her and hugged her to console her .

Knowing the possibilities, I just sighed and looked furiously at the girl standing near the door step, "It's OK Didi, everything will be fine," I rubbed her back, consoling her.

"This is why I was stopping you, don't you understand if said once , why are you still standing here , how could you...... ", I kept yelling at her and she was muttering a thousands of sorries looking at the floor.

"Pls get out fro...."
"I am pregnant" , sandhya di said, causing me to pause my yelling session.

We both looked at her with a start, and she went near that girl and hugged her tightly, saying thank you, and started crying again.

As soon as she said this , colours drained from my face , I was happy for Sandhya di but at the same time I felt guilty for yelling at that girl .

"Congratulations , I am really happy for you ", she said .

She wrote some medicines and gave few advices to sandhya didi as it was a late pregnancy for her .

"Ok , then take the medicines properly and don't strain yourself . You can rest here . Take care and if you need something you can ask me ,
Bye",she said and was about to move out of the room.

I was really feeling guilty , she suddenly turned back and looked at me . I guess she is gonna scold me for yelling at her unwantedly.

"Take care of her" , she said with a smile and again started taking her steps outside.

I felt a pang in my heart as soon as she said this . If she would have scolded me , I would have felt better , but her silence and this soft side were literally drowning me in the pool of guilt.

---------------------------
How was the chapter?
What is Anirudh gonna do now?
Who is at fault ; bondita or anirudh?
----------------------------

I know this part is quite boring with unwanted dailogues , but this was needed to express their thoughts about each other on their first meet.

Hope you all like the story
Stay tuned