Chapter 49- The Promise

Y/n POV

"So you're saying... the day aera came to the mansion, you blacked out and felt like someone took over your body and when you came back to your senses you were in an unfamiliar environment and unknown memories suddenly played in your head. The same with Taehyung too?" I asked again to make sure.

If my calculations are correct and there's no reason to say if because they always are. It means aera is a gifted.

According to father, it feels like someone is controlling your body. Then herer gift must be 'Manipulation'. It hypnotize and control the person who's affected with it. Basically you become a puppet.

So why would she kill me when I'm a gifted too? and I'm powerful and a disciple of our ruler so she should know better than mess with me but... even if I lost my memories I still should have sensed whether she's a gifted or not. It's weird. Did I became soft lately that they dare mess with me?

I should be happy about this because there are still survivors and our kind didn't go extinct however I have a bad feeling over this.

"Yes it's true, you can ask your master about the 'chance' part because your master probably doesn't know that aera have powers too as he thought I killed you with the intention to really kill you" Father responded.

"Hey hey! Why would master not know when he's the strongest?!" I fumed at him.

But it's not impossible because I'm only a level lower than master   in my prime but I can't sense that aera is a gifted even if I lost my memories, my skills should be there.

I should ask master about this.

If she is actually a gifted, I need to create my inner core and produce aura soon or else the lives I cherish around me will be in danger.

Aura is the power you gain when you've reach the peak of martial arts.

Aura can do a lot of things but most importantly it can copy any kinds of abilities. It stays and is produced on the inner core however the inner core is also a weakness of a martial artist. When it's destroyed, you die. It's like a heart to us reincarnators who practice martial arts but it can make us strong when used properly.

I know and remembered the techniques master taught me. The problem is to master them but I guess this is going to be easy because I've been there but this is still too much work! Just why does my hardwork in the past have to be gone. Just by remembering my training and dealing with Master's anger issues is draining me but now I have to do this again?!

"This is a headache" I mumbled.

I felt a gaze and immediately looked forward. Father was staring at me with apologetic eyes.

"I'm sorry" he said as he looked down.

What is he sorry for? He said he was being controlled so it's not he's fault. Yes, it's not his...

I stared at him for a moment.

He's apology was sincere but it's hard to forget what he has done before aera appears. It was hard being abused by other people mentally and physically because father hated me even if not. He screwed up and I was hurt.

That's like adding wounds to my scars again.

I will forgive once again and now that he knows who I really am, there's no holding back anymore.

"I accept your apology but that doesn't mean I'll change the way I treat you now" I replied to him and his eyes lightened up but turned glum after I finished my sentence.

"Now that you know who I really am, the fact that I'm not your daughter in soul and a gifted... I decided I will leave after I get my revenge. That's it." I said and stood up.

He had the expression that saw a dead person. I finally moved on but It's weird. It was heart-rending to see him depressed.

"W-wait what! Did I hear it right? Leave?" He asked as he slammed the table. Hey, no need to shout, it's night time.

"Father, don't bother with me that much anymore" I blurted.

He stood up and looked at me with the expression of seriousness. It's like being Apologetic and in awe earlier never happened.

"How could you say that?! You were born by the love of lily and mine. You are my daughter and I'm your father and that fact will never ever change" He stated confidently.

Despite making me feel miserable, At that moment he really felt like a father.

"Then make me change my mind" I said.

"What?"

"Make me think of you as my father again before I leave" I added and left. He didn't move an inch and only stared at my disappearing back.

As I walk away, my heart was pounding fast. I was stunned and almost speechless. Just what is this strange feeling that makes me want to cry?
If it's really possible to have a happy family... Why do it now? If you really love me then atleast suffer even just a little because my decision won't change.

I will leave.

Namjoon POV

I'm scared.

I'm scared of the day where y/n is not here by my side anymore. When she said she'll leave, she wasn't lying. It was clear in her unwavering eyes. It felt as if she created a hole in my heart.

If only I can turn back time and change my doings. If only I could... but it is impossible. I will fulfill the promise her master asked and not waste this chance.

I can't lose her again. Never.

TBC

~~~•~~~

A/n: To inform you just incase, Y/n and Jimin are 1st year middle schoolers while Arin, Taehyung Jungkook are in first year of highschool.

The one with many comments will be the new cover of I'm his daughter :)