𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄, time after time

Start from the beginning

She had read about love affairs and cheating in some of her books, and she felt like she was doing the same thing every time she was with Gojo even though she never really reciprocated Gojo's affections the way the characters in her books did.

"Sensei—"

"—Satoru," he corrected her again.

She swallowed thickly. "Satoru, can you please let go of me? I need to remove the dress now that I know that it fits..."

"Let me help you!" He offered eagerly, his hand already moving the zipper back down.

She jumped away and whirled around to face him, body shrinking under his gaze. "Satoru, um," she cleared her throat, averting her gaze. "You shouldn't be here. It's not allowed."

He chuckled, stepping closer. She suddenly felt like a cornered animal, a prey about to get pounced upon by a predator.

"Well, I never cared about the rules," he purred, leaning down to her height.

Her arms shot out on instinct, pushing him away to give herself more space. Since he rarely ever used his Infinity when he was around her, she was able to make physical contact and actually push him back.

He stepped away, his mischievous smirk slipping from his face.

"Sorry," she said automatically, her anxiety levels rising. She had never pushed her sensei away before, aside from training which this clearly wasn't. "I'm sorry, sensei, I just got... nervous. I don't want to get in trouble because you sneaked in here." She lied.

He forced himself to smile, "Right. I forgot how much you were a stickler for the rules."

How annoying, he thought, as he sneaked back out of the fitting rooms to go wait outside. Every day, he felt like Mizuhime was getting farther and farther away from him. After regaining all of his memories of his old life and, more importantly, remembering what he had done, the growing distance between them left him... scared.

It didn't help that Sukuna was here now. Just the thought of his name made a cold fury rise within him. He would never admit it, but for once, Sukuna's presence made him feel threatened. Not because he believed the latter to be stronger than him—because there was just no way—but because he knew Sukuna could be the key to her remembering her life as Shisui.

She'll remember what I did, and then she'll hate me, he thought. He absolutely could not let that happen. Mizuhime was his, she had promised herself to him and there was no leaving that.

The rest of their shopping trip went on with a tense atmosphere, and it was making him grow more and more frustrated.

When they stopped at the food court for lunch, the first thing he said was, "You should stay away from Yuji."

Mizuhime, who was just about to dip a french fry into a small container of ketchup, paused to look up at him. "Yuji?"

"Sukuna's too dangerous. Even though Yuji can reign him in, Sukuna can still slip into control from time to time. What happened this morning is proof of that." He told her sternly, before cheekily stealing her french fry and popping it into his mouth.

She didn't seem upset by that.

"But se—Satoru..." She trailed off, looking at him carefully. "If he's so dangerous, then why did you leave Itadori-san on campus with no one to watch over him?"

He stared at her in disbelief.

"Are you... are you questioning me?" He didn't mean to say it out loud, but what the fuck? An almost hysterical, disbelieving laugh bubbled from him.