Rapturous Pleasure: Chapter 3

[A/N: Smut scene in the chapter. Minors proceed with caution.]

Seokjin's POV:

Jungkook, "..." Jungkook is obviously at a loss as to how to answer. He presses his lips into a tight line and, breaking eye contact, places his coffee cup back on the table. Why did I say that? I've got to tell him not to worry about it...!

"I'm sorry, Kook... Forget I-" ...! Before I can say, forget I said that just now, Jungkook takes my cup out of my hands and places it on the table. Then, he wraps his hands around mine.

"That's the first 'demand' you have ever made of me. And it's too cute for words."

"?!" The voice behind me is quite, but I can hear undeniable joy in his tone. What the...? I rest my chin on Jungkook's shoulder and wait for him to continue.

"To be honest, I didn't think you were ready to open yourself up to me completely yet. We are a couple, but I still felt a certain distance between us."

"...Distance?"

"Yeah. It's important to maintain an appropriate distance. Opening yourself up to another person, relying on them, telling them what you want without holding back... You probably think those are bad things, but they are not." Jungkook loosens his hug, and I see myself reflected in his light eyes. "It's nice to think the person you love can only be completely vulnerable with you. It's like knowing you get to see the most authentic version of them, like they trust you." I get it. He equates my inability to rely on him with a lack of trust. I never wanted to rely on Jungkook because I never wanted to bother him. But making that kind of unilateral decision probably made Jungkook feel alone. I mean, Jungkook tells me what he wants and relies on me because he trusts me. "I would open a jar for you in a second, and I'd be happy to pick up jam on the way home. Do you know why?"

"Why...?" Asking someone to do things for you is a sign of trust. But why would he be happy to do things for me? I still don't know. When I don't say anything, Jungkook continues.

"Because I want to hear you tell me, 'thanks'. Because I want to see you smile. Those things make me happy." Happy...? His unexpected reply leaves me a little puzzled. "Even if you asked me to do something that was a little inconvenient, I would want to do my best to move my schedule around and do it. Do you know why?"

"...Because it makes you happy to see me smile?" Jungkook nods.

"That, plus the fact that I don't mind going to lengths to make you happy. I only make that kind of effort for people who are very precious to me."

"People who are precious to you..." He's right. Making an effort to see someone precious to you smile is wonderful. And making that kind of effort isn't unpleasant at all. I have never thought about how Jungkook might feel about doing things for me. Over the top demands are a different matter, but I can understand how Jungkook would be happy to do things for me. I mean, I like doing things for Jungkook. I don't mind making an effort for him. And it makes me happy that he relies on me.

"You're obviously used to doing things for yourself, but you are too unused to letting others do things for you."

"You're probably right..."

"So let me make more of an effort to make you happy. Let me find joy in that."

"Kook..." It's my first time hearing how Jungkook really feels about all this. I let it sink in, slowly and gently, into my heart and body. "I was worried about being too unfiltered and demanding with you. I didn't want you to think of me as needy. I am not a child. I guess I wanted you to think of me as sensible and mature."