Chapter 23 ~ Merry Christmas

It was Christmas Day, and everyone rose early. This year, not all the Hufflepuffs took part in the Secret Santa, but most did. I participated, and I got this young boy, Ben. I'd got him this new science kit he wanted (I'd figured he'd had a Muggle parent), a new pack of playing cards, and a box of chocolates. I woke up super early, while the whole house was asleep. I'd wrapped the gift, wrote his name, and placed it underneath the Christmas tree filled with yellow. Everyone helped to decorate it about a few days ago. The whole common room had tinsel and decorations on the walls above the fireplace. Every corner you would look. Near the window was a mistletoe. 

There was one extra gift I placed underneath the tree. Not for Ben, but for Cedric. Why not? Besides, I didn't sign my name on it. 

I placed it and tiptoed back to bed.

~
I was wearing a Christmas sweater and Hot Cocoa was being passed around. "Merry Christmas!" I said to Megan, giving her a half hug. Usually, many students left during Christmas time, but everyone was here cause of the Yule Ball.

"Cookies! Get some fresh cookies!" One older Hufflepuff announced, bringing a tray filled with gingerbread cookies. Everybody came round and took one or two. It was heavenly. Great benefits living near the kitchens. I then put on my Santa Hat and put a piece of green tinsel around Megan's neck. "We wish you a Merry Christmas"

"And a happy new year! Wooh!" A Hufflepuff bellowed from behind. Someone came up to me and asked to place a present under the tree for their Secret Santa.

I had a nice smile on my face as a few younger years began humming some tunes. I turned around with a shiny red wrapped box in my hand, with a big green bow on top, when I found Cedric coming down the stairs with a Santa hat on his head. At once, he had hot cocoa and a cookie in his hand.

He walked over to his friends, staring at the tree. 

I then walked over to the tree and carefully placed the gift under the tree. I had presented in my room for Edmund, Cleo, and the twins. I'd be seeing them later on.

~
"Presents! Time for presents!" Someone called "Gather round"

Everyone excitedly searched for a box with their name written on it. I'd found mine, it was rectangular, medium-sized. Slightly heavy. Everyone gathered around and began opening their presents. 

I waited for Megan to find hers. "What d'you think you got?"

I shook my head, looking at the box, reading the tag that said my name. "Absolutely no idea" I wondered who I got. 

First, Megan unwrapped hers. A beige-colored planner, a tea sampler is what she called it. I'm not sure what that is. I then began unwrapping mine, intrigued by the effect of the yellow wrapping paper. I bent over, looking at very deeply, intricately. I then pulled the ribbon, excitement flooding through me. "You're kidding me," I said as I found the box to be wrapped again. I then unwrapped it again and thanks to my luck, it wasn't wrapped. There was a sweater. A knitted sweater that had various colors that would remind you of autumn. A mustard-colored book with a very good quality of pages. And a brown colored box with yellow at the top. I opened it and found a perfume. 

My eyes widened, this was not what I was expecting. I looked back at the book and realized a piece of card was placed in the elastic on the cover of the book.

For Y/n 

I looked to the back. 

Because, I know you'll write a book one day, and fill this chest with memories

Worlds change when eyes meet 

Megan announced. "Guys, I think y/n and her gift giver won this"