Chapter 7 ~ Practice

Every time I exercise it's as if sensible "me" is dragging lazy "me" in on a rope. Sensible me wants to be in shape, lazy me wants more and more chill time. Stupidly, I take Fred's advice and go on a 'run'. I could lie and this feels like torture or be honest and say it's refreshing but tiring. I slow down to a jog taking intervals. The grounds are empty this morning. I wear a baggy white shirt with black shorts. I run to the point till it feels like the air is acidic and feels like I would break if I wouldn't stop. I finally give in and let oxygen fill my lungs. I place my hands on my knees and fan myself with my hands. I've been thinking about the first challenge the whole morning. Now I wonder why the girls from Beauxbatons or boys Drumstrang aren't out exploring the castle. Wouldn't that be the first thing on their to-do list?

Thinking about it, I haven't seen much of them at all. Strange. I wonder where they're staying.

"Pfft imagine running and trying" Malfoy comes up to me snarling. What is he doing here? He peacefully walks with the strap of his satchel on his arm.

"Oh shut up. I didn't know you knew what that was, considering your father does everything for you" I hiss back. That certainly catches his attention. But he surprisingly keeps his cool and shrugs continuing his little walk, till he stops. He turns around "So tell me how did you and Potter cheat? you little pricks" clearly he did that for effect.

"Maybe if you were smart enough you could've figured it out. Oh my god! no, we didn't cheat" He does this to get on my nerves and all I earn is a disgusting smirk from him. He then walks away for real this time. What a waste of time and what an idiot.

I look up to see students passing roaming the halls through the windows. That's my cue to change into uniform and head to class.

~

I flatten my uniform and straighten my tie, as I walk down to the common room. Cedric's sitting on the couches his legs out and his back barely touching the sofa. He cranes his neck and his eyes fall upon me. Suddenly, he stands up and walks over to me with a soft smile. I only reply with a weak smile. My legs and arms ache. "What do you have first?" he asks as he stares at the other Hufflepuffs.

"Transfiguration" I reply weakly. "You?"

"History of magic" he sighs. I don't blame him. It's one of the worst subjects here. Although we were in the same year he chose different subjects than me. Cedric then tilts his head examining my facial expression. "Are you tired?" he raises his eyebrows. You better not be y/n. We have Quidditch practice today" Cedric reminds me. I'm so foolish! That slipped my mind and I decided to go for a run. I walk over to an unoccupied couch and collapsed onto it.

"Are you good?" he asks slowly as if he's overstepping.

"Yes. I'm great Ced. I'll see you at practice" I dismiss him with the wave of my hand. Every practice we'd do drills to build up our 'physical strength'.

Why are we even having Quidditch? Hopefully, the teachers will have some sense to cancel it.

"Get your lazy ass up" Megan's voice fills the silence. She does not even look in my direction, but heads for the door. I nod and follow her out. "You forgot your book by the way" Megan hands me my notebook in a very serious manner. She's chill, but serious. That type of person. We walk briskly towards Professor McGonagall's classroom. Honestly, she's one of my favorite Professors here. She's unconditionally kind and a great teacher.

"Y/n . . .pst y/n" two similar voices call "sit with us" Fred and George insist. I quickly nod and sit down with them. Megan slides into a chair next to Roger Daives, a Ravenclaw.

"For today's lesson, you will be reading the texts, answering questions on pages thirty-six through forty. Any queries let me know" McGonagall announces with a loud voice. She adjusts her glasses and takes a seat at her desk, scribbling away.