Chapter 9 ~ Interview

"What is this I hear of you and Cedric...sleep-" Edmund grimaces at me as he crosses his arms over his chest. The protective brother has finally come out.

I cut him off before he gets the wrong idea "Okay," I exhale in "We were both sitting at a table in the common room and-"

"And?" Edmund's eyes never wavering from mine.

"He fell asleep and a while later I did, but not on purpose. We both were exhausted,"

"Mhm. Just don't get mixed up with him,"

"I won't, no need to worry Eddie"

~

Now, even Megan and the twins are speculating if I feel something towards Cedric.

The answer is simple. No. We both had been tired and accidentally fell asleep. Cedric's the last person I'd like in this school. I rest in the great hall, eating lunch. I sit further away from Cedric, on purpose. I mean we aren't friends so. My eyes explore the Gryffindor table and they find my little sister, Cleo. She sits with the trio. She giggles at all of them. My mind strays to when it used to be us. It still is, we're just older. I cannot believe next year is my last year at Hogwarts. Edmund leaves this year . . . I wonder what that would feel like.

"Dude, you want to hang out later outside or in the library," Megan asks tenderly as she sits loosely.

"Yeah, of course" I smile at her as I finish my bowl of oatmeal.

~

"What a charismatic quarter" Rita Skeeter looks at the five of us intriguingly. Fleur sits on a chair and the rest of us stand behind her. I stand in between Harry and Cedric. Krum stands to the side, overly dressed if you ask me. He wears a big fur coat and some traditional black hat with a staff clutched in one hand. Rita Skeeter leans forward and shakes Cedric's hand, which catches him off guard. Then me. Her grip is firm, and the shake is short. A woman of business? We'll find out. Rita shakes Harry's hand, then Krum's, and lastly Fleurs, more gently than the rest.

"I write for the Daily Prophet" she explains gesticulating "Well, of course, you know that" she smiles proudly. "It's you we don't know! Heh. You're the juicy news" She extends her hand to touch Fleur's cheek "What lurks beneath those rosy cheeks" and pats them. Wow, this is going to be fascinating. "What mysteries do the muscles mask" she trails and ruffles Cedric's hair "does courage lie beneath those curls? or what makes a champion tick "she peers at me, placing her hands on my shoulders. Quite touchy. "Me, myself, and I want to know. Not to mention my rabid readers. So who's willing up to share? Hmm," When no one replies her face goes straight "Shall start with the youngest lovely" she tugs on Harry with a significant force and disappears.

"My hair, god" Cedric rolls his eyes as he undertakes to fix his hair.

"God, that woman is so . . . touchy" Fleur recoils as she relives the moment of Rita's hand on her cheek. She rolls her shoulders abruptly but gracefully rising from her chair.

"Tell me about it," I huff playing with the ends of my hair.

"This is going to be fun," Viktor Krum finally speaks. I didn't know he had sarcasm in him. "I've read her articles and they are wrong and twisted" he squeezes his hand, showing his disgust.

My eyes flutter to Cedric, who paces the room back and forth. When his eyes meet mine, I instantly look away. I hope he didn't notice that I was staring.

After hours of waiting, Rita storms out of the broom cupboard. "Right. Next" she announces. Harry walks out dusting his robes. He walks away, giving me a brutal stare that says everything it needs to. "You. Let's go" Rita tugs on my arm, now dragging me in the broom cupboard. The three other champions look at me and my hesitant expression going back to waiting for their turn.