Chapter 6 ~ My people

"I'll kill you myself" Edmund hisses as he towers over me even as he leans on a table. I just sit at the table listening to what he has to say.

"Likewise" I scoff turning to face the wall. We both sit in the Hufflepuff common room. He just happened to invite himself over, and disrupt my plans. To lecture me about not taking enough 'responsibility' about the tournament and other stuff regarding our little sister. I'd say that Edmund and I have the most arguments, out of the three of us.  We try not to argue in front of Cleo, not since we lost dad. I'd hate to call her sensitive cause Cleo's so much more than that.

Edmund retorts "Pathetic" I can just tell he's rolling his eyes.

"Yeah? Keep rolling your eyes and maybe you'll find a brain back there" I turn to face him. I enrage my brother further as he clenches a fist at his side. He's never laid a finger on me, even when I've made him the most angry. "Don't make a scene"

"Okay, fine" Edmund shrugs, pulling the chair in front of him, sitting down in a careless manner. "Tell me, have you talked to Cleo?" the long wavering silence is answer enough. Edmund sighs, gesticulating to show his palms. "The more you delay it, the more she's gonna-"

"I'll talk to her" I nod my head agreeing. The Hufflepuff common room isn't as full. Everyone, had long classes to attend to today. My eyes meet my brother's. He widens his eyes.

"Okay, Okay. I'll talk to her now" I raise my hands defensively.

~
"Caput Draconis" I whisper to the Fat Lady. She greats me happily and swings open the door. I smile back and walk into the circular common room. Luckily, Cleo sits with Harry near the fireplace. I slowly walk about to the two of them clearly, interrupting and important discussion. "Hey, do you think we can talk" I question her softly, as I place my hands in front of my waist letting my fingers intwine.

After a moment Harry nods and Cleo doesn't say anything but shyly trundles to sit at the red worn out couch. She's so angry at me, more disappointed. It makes my heart sink to think that I've let her down. I swallow, sitting cross-legged. "Listen-"

"Why didn't you tell me?" she asks stiffly crossing her arms. What did she want me to say?

"Cause I think that I can really do it Cleo" I explain to her, holding her hand in mine. The warmth for her hand spreads to mine and it comforts me. "Besides, there's been a mistake. But you know I can't get out of this" I close my eyes for a moment and continue when I open them. "Trust me nothing is going to change and it'll be exciting you know?"

"But what if you get hurt or-" I cut off her statement by a firm hug into which she sinks into. "I love you, okay?" I pull away telling her firmly. 

"Do you want to stay with us for a bit?" Cleo asks looking between Harry and I. I turn to my watch. Class doesn't start till an hour, besides it'd be a good time pass.

"Yes please, spill that fourth year gossip" I smirk, rubbing both my hands together as I approach Harry. Maybe when we're alone I'll ask how Harry's feeling about the situation. I don't think anyone besides Ron and Hermione have asked.

"Um, the best gossip we have this week is that those two broke up" Harry exhales "And that people are basically bullying me"

"Thats it dude?" I raise my eyebrows hoping for more. "Also ignore them. Not your fault"

"Anything interesting with the fifth years?" Harry moves to make room for Cleo to sit on the carpet in a circle.

"Well I don't know if I should . . ." I pause. They both look as if they'll die if I don't tell them what I have in mind. "You didn't hear it from me but  Alicia Spinnet was caught on the roof by Snape you know" I hint by raising my eyebrows.

"Oh we know" Cleo smirks. 

"Feels like we haven't seen you in forever" Fred points out as he swings his arm around my neck.

"I know right" I agree, smiling at him. George seems preoccupied with his thoughts as he walks at a distance with hands in his pockets. After a moment he looks down just walking slowly behind us. Instantly, I nudge his older brother.

Fred's smile drops a little "I dunno what's up with him. He hasn't said anything" he shrugs in some sort of disappointment. They were twins and I can tell it hurt Fred that George wasn't telling him anything. I nod. 

I then pull away from Fred's grasp and stop in the middle of the hall that we were walking in. I pull the sleeves of my sweater which cover half of my palm. I open my arms wide and sheepishly walk to my other favourite twin and wrap my arms around him. I can only see his chest cause he's pretty tall. In that moment I hugged him a fraction tighter and George lets out a slow breath wrapping his arms around me.  He melts into me. "How are you?"

"Good"

"Lies" Fred squints his eyes.

"No seriously guys. I'm totally fine" George says casually moving away from me. "Don't worry about me. Just work pressure"

"If you say so" Fred replies nodding his head. I notice his shoulders slightly drop. "So y/n/n, aren't you supposed to be training or something?"

"Yeah?" I answer in a confused tone.

"What do you mean 'Yeah' like maybe run I don't know"

"I have quidditch practice tomorrow. I guess that counts"

"I guess"

"Come on let's go" I whisper to them both of them.