Chapter 20 ~ Infirmary things

I then swallowed as thousands of thoughts crossed my mind. Things I didn't want to think. Maybe he fell from flying? Did he jump out a wind- Stop. Stop.  "What happened". I asked slowly coming forward to where he laid. 

He tried to smile. "Nothing, too bad exactly." 

I then took a seat next to him on the chair and moved it closer "Then why won't you tell anyone?" He just looked at the ceiling, not replying. I let out a sigh and put my forehead against the edge of the bed thinking. First this competition, now this. I don't want any of this. I know things are going to get worse. 

Logan then coughed. "Hate to break it to you, but I'm still alive, Princess" he then added "It's embarrassing"

"What?"

"It's really embarrassing. I was in the . . . woods . . . and fought an animal, and did some other things to prove myself for me"

I then lightly punched his arm. "Ow, Ah"

"You really scared me, I-" I drooped my shoulders. 

"I'm sorry, I'm really sorry. I was so stupid. I wasn't in my mind then"

"What about the cuts on your neck and face, the animal? Gosh, you don't need to prove yourself, ever. Please, don't do this again. "

Logan then clears his throat. His eyes meet mine and he tries really heart to keep the eye contact. I can see something else in his eyes, something wavering. He then looked down and began twiddling his thumbs. 

I then put my hand on his arm. 

I walked over to Madame Pomfrey and asked her what Logans situation was looking like. "Not too good, the cuts were severely deep. Only if that boy would tell me what happened. He should be able to walk properly within a few days with some assistance. Other than that, he'll be ok"

~

As I returned to the common room, everyone seemed to turn their attention towards me. "Well, what happened?"

I sighed "Just a really bad accident in the grounds". I sunk into a chair in front of a table where my bag was. "Have you seen my book? The one with the purple cover. Never-mind, I have it" 

Cedric was sitting with a couple of his friends clearly distracted from whatever they were saying to him. 

"You got this letter by the way, from your-mom"

"Oh . . . thanks" I said with a quick smile and hurriedly opened it. It'd been weeks since I mailed the letter to her. I take a deep breath and open the letter. 

Dear Y/n,

I hope you are well and safe.

I am delighted to know that you, your siblings and your friends are all doing really well. I had seen the performance of your first task and was quite impressed and I couldn't be more thankful that you're okay? Did you have any injuries? Were they minor?

I just want to give you a heads up that I will be arriving a day or two before your second task and get to meet my children. I hope you have been preparing. You must.

Also, the Yule Ball is a night away and I hope you have sorted out your wardrobe. I feel as though you haven't. Since classes are cancelled, I have organized a meeting at Hogsmeade at 2:00 pm with Galdrags Wizardwear with Madame Coriall. Please, choose something good. Just have the payment sent to me. I'll pay this time.

Please send pictures! Of all of you together!

Dear Edmund,

Hi, my dearest boy. I have received various letters of your work and achievements and keep up the good work. I hope you submit your application for Prefect for the following year soon! I need you to make sure you have been following the outline that was provided by that friend of my mine if you want to maintain your grades.