Chapter 17 ~ Be my date

"Hurry up, Ronald!" Hermione shouted.

'I'm coming, well hang on a minute" Ron stoped in his jog in confusion "w-were are we going?"

A smile tugged at Hermione's lips "You'll see"

I just watched the both of them argue as they scuffle out the Great Hall.  I sat next to Megan and opposite the twins on one of the tables. There aren't as many people in the Hall right now. Most people are at lessons. I did get to miss lessons sometimes and was advised too in fact.

Fred starts "So we wanted to run something by you"

"Shoot"

Then, Fred and George both began, taking turns explaining "Well, you know how we have our own treats and candy thing going on. Well we cooked up a special concoction One that'll help you breathe under water" 

Then Fred pushes a clear small bottle, the one you'd find perfumes in. The liquid inside is a light sage green. 

"Wow, I - uh appreciate it but, I don't know about-"

"Just try it"

"Forty-height hour survival change guarantee" George was then quick to say "We're only joking"

I then said with a smile "Well, lets give it a try boys"

Then the both of them start cheering and stand up to leave the Great Hall. I swiftly take the bottle in my hands. 

~

We stood around the lake outside the castle. "You sure this stuff's okay to take?"

"Yes" the both of them echo.

My heart beat doubled, I don't think I would agreed to something like this before without a lot of convincing. "Well, bottoms up"

I then take a deep breath and take the cork of the bottle. I then quickly chug down the solution, pushing past the bitter taste. I then make a face. "Well, give it try then" George smiles. I nod and then run and dive into the lake. 

I then swim deeper and dare to try to breathe. I then let go and inhale and it works. I can breathe underwater. I quickly rise up to the surface and smile "It works!" 

The twins both celebrate. 

I then tread on the water and push my hair out of my face, turning around to watch the sunset. "It's beautiful" The orange gold stretches far and wide, the colors of fire hearths and tangerines. It is but the reflection of the night, the promise of the setting sun that comes the velvety night and will rest once more. 

Then I notice that the twins sit on the wooden ledge and kick their legs in the air. "I love moments like this"

"Me too" Fred says and George just stares lost in the colors that blend in the sky. 

I then go back under the water and swim from a while and splash Fred and George. All of a sudden, I feel oxygen cut off and I can feel myself sinking . I kick up quickly, desperate because I felt a coolness rush to my head. I hear muttering coming from above. Almost there. Finally, I make it to the top coughing, I find Fred half in the lake and both of them wide-eyed. 

"Guess, it kinda works"

"You're okay?"

"Yeah, I am"

"I'm so sor-"

I then hold out my hand "No, guys really it's fine, I knew the downsides of this okay? H-how l-long was that?"

"Half an hour"

I then climb out of the lake, hit the cool wind and find myself shivering. I then squeeze my arms tightly against my chest and waddle towards the castle. The three of us walk together and joke on the way up. I thank them for their efforts and it really was super damn impressive what they came up with.