Chapter 15

Wow, even more screaming in this chapter haha

- - -

"Dance?" He asked in a soft voice as I crinkled my nose in disgust.

"Why would I want to dance with you?" I asked.

"Why not?" Akutagawa asked and I couldn't think of anything else to say.

So instead I just said, "I can't dance for a living."

Akutagawa stared at me. "I doubt that." He said without hesitating as I looked at him.

"You don't know." I said when suddenly Akutagawa leaned down, close to me, breathe tickling my ear.

I felt sick, feeling hot and my knees were weak.

Akutagawa looked at me straight in the eyes.

"Prove me wrong." 

I blinked in absolute shock as Akutagawa looked at me with those steely grey eyes.

"What?" I asked as Akutagawa only continued to stare at me with those cold grey eyes that I have grown to hate, to despise.

I was about to reject him, scoff and ask him what the hell he was thinking but someone on the dance floor caught my attention.

Yutaka.

Clenching my jaws tightly, I sighed as I looked up at Akutagawa.

"Fine." I said and this time, it was Akutagawa's turn to blink in surprise.

"Hm?" Akutagawa asked as I scowled.

"Fine, let's go dance." I said as Akutagawa stared at me for another second before extending his hand again.

I stare at his palm, placing my own gloved hand in it, ignoring the mixture of coolness and warmth his touch sent down my spine.

"I'm still wondering where you left to." Akutagawa mumbled as he guided to the dance floor.

"I didn't think it was in your job description to keep tabs on me." I said as we stood in the centre of the room.

The world seems to slow down a bit before Akutagawa's hand hesitantly creeps up my side and is placed on my mid back.

Once again, I ignore the jolts it send down my body as his gloved fingers brush against the skin of my open-back.

He grabs my right hand with his left and I place my hand on his shoulder. 

He moves his foot. I move my foot. It was hesitant.

I kept my eyes on Akutagawa's face, both of us a little suspicious, questioning what we were doing.

Or that's what I was doing anyway.

The orchestra continued as we both now looked anywhere but each other, only moving to the sound of the music.

We were perfectly in synch, gliding across the floor and it felt wrong.

It felt so wrong.

To be this close to Akutagawa.

If I wanted, I could easily slit his throat right here. Just like I dreamed of doing sometimes.

Akutagawa could easily activate Rashoumon and there would be nothing I could do against it, not from this close.

He probably had thoughts of killing me too.

How couldn't he? The both of us were complete opposites. Rivals. Enemies.

Ever since we met, we've only hated each other.

It only got worse when Dazai-san came along.

That's why it felt so wrong.