Chapter 35

"Bang."

The sound of the gun followed as I watched as the bullet hit home, making Ivan fall back as I sensed movement behind me.

However, I didn't move as I heard the sound of cracking before the rocks broke, scattering off to the sides as Ivan's eyes widened in shock.

"W-What?" He stammered as I hummed, looking at my gun in curiosity.

"So it does work." I said as Ivan glared at me while clutching his shoulder, blood slowly leaking  pas his fingers, staining his clothes crimson.

"What did you do?" Ivan asked as I knelt down in front of him, grinning.

"Nullified your ability." I replied as Ivan blinked in confusion.

"But Dazai Osamu is not here right now, you can't nullify my ability." Ivan reasoned as I nodded.

"True, but who said anything about Dazai-san?" I asked before standing back up and walking towards Akutagawa.

He was still stuck in the now clay-like substance of the earth as I offered a hand to him, which he accepted before pulling him up.

"What did you do? How did you nullify my ability?" Ivan asked, making me turn as I chuckled.

"The bullets. They can nullify abilities. A handy ability as long as you're not the one whose ability is nullified." I said as I remembered how it felt to be in the handcuffs.

I showed those handcuffs to Mori-san, who handed it over to Kaji-san to play with, which he ended up welding into small bullets.

I then shrugged off the coat around my shoulders, handing it back to Akutagawa.

"Now let's go catch Fyodor."

- - Time skip - -

I scoured around the small truck trailer, confused upon finding nothing but a small antique radio that was playing classical music in the background.

"Nothing..." I mumbled as I looked out to see Akutagawa staring at me.

"He's not here." I said as Akutagawa grit his teeth in frustration as he turned to Ivan, who was held hostage by Rashoumon.

"Where is he?" Akutagawa asked as Ivan started laughing, despite the situation he was in.

"Why are you laughing?" Akutagawa asked as Ivan smiled with a malicious grin on his face.

"I'm just so happy. My master removed the part of me that feels grief." Ivan explained, making me frown as I dropped from the trailer.

However, I felt something dribble down my chin as I raised my hand towards my face.

"Did anyone ever once guarantee that capturing this base would lead you to my master?' Ivan asked as Akutagawa's gaze turned deadly.

"What? He was never even here to begin with?" He asked as my fingers brushed across something sticky.

Ivan only continued to laugh.

"Impossible... There are no connections to the outside world here. We're monitoring cell phone communications with our hacking ability. This place can't be operated from the outside." Akutagawa reasoned as I pulled my fingers back, staring at the glistening red liquid on them.

"It's this music." Ivan said, but suddenly his voice started fading in and out as I shook a little on my legs.

Abruptly, a loud chiming noise echoed through the underground cave, bringing me back as I winced at the sudden tightening in my chest.