Chapter 25

Hello dear readers.

A soukoku scene just for you :))

- - -

The fog trailed behind me as I kept my senses high and alert.

I couldn't hear anything, but that was only at the moment.

I knew my ability was close by as I paused, glancing back.

"Where are you?" I mumbled to myself and just at that moment, something slammed down from in front of me, a huge force of wind pushing me back as it whipped at my hair and clothes.

I raised my arms to protect my eyes from flying rocks as I smirked.

"There you are." I said as I launched forward, not giving my doppelgänger time to react as I threw a blade to her face.

Just as I assumed, the blade came to a stop before it could hit the other me, using the wind manipulation to slow the blade down before clanging to the ground.

I lunged forward, sliding across the ground and kicked at my doppelgänger's foot, making her stumble as I raised a blade and forced it up to ram into her face.

Unfortunately, she dodged, stepping around the blade and ended up next to me as she grabbed my arm and threw me across.

I skidded to a halt, boots sliding across concrete as I looked up to see a foot above.

I rolled to the side as my doppelgänger's foot slammed into the ground, a crack in the concrete that I knew could have surely killed me.

"No holding back?" I asked, wondering if my doppelgänger could speak.

I didn't have time to move as my doppelgänger moved quickly, a blade rushing toward my head.

Desperately, I tried dodging however the blade still pierced my shoulder, and slammed me against the wall.

I grit my teeth tightly as fire bloomed around my shoulder, nearly making me drop my own blade.

My doppelgänger smiled creepily, pushing her dagger in farther making me wince.

Focusing through the pain. I switched my weapon to my other hand and stabbed at her chest, however she yanked away, as if she was expecting it.

I raised a hand to my shoulder, wincing a little in pain.

"Well this isn't as easy as I thought..." I mumbled as I pulled out another blade.

My doppelgänger didn't reply, no surprise, but instead I felt my throat clench up and I couldn't breathe.

I didn't have any time to spare as I leapt forward, making other me's eyes widen in surprise at the fact I could still move.

I swiped the blade I held against her neck, which she dodged, but cut a thin line across her cheek.

The grip around my throat loosened, just enough that I could inhale quickly before leaping forward again.

My doppelgänger was somewhat ready, but I moved faster than she could anticipate.

I kicked at her head, which she raised her arm to block and I swooped down low and tripped her, making her fall on her back.

I could finally breathe as I took in a much needed breathe before turning back to my dazed doppelgänger.

I grabbed her arm and pulled it behind her back.

However, suddenly, we shot up, floating mid-air as my eyes widened in shock.

"Shit!" I cried out as I clung to my doppelgänger before grabbing my blade.

My doppelgänger tried to pry me off her but I snaked my arm around her neck, holding on tightly, ignoring the way she clawed at my arm, drawing blood.