Chapter 26

I was running, making my way to the torn down fortress when a bright light flashed from above as I clenched my teeth tightly.

"What now?" I mumbled when suddenly, the fog around me turned red.

I shivered, ignoring what it meant as I leapt up, using my wind manipulation to stay afloat, looking around to see the fortress and flew towards it.

I spotted something down below as I saw Akutagawa and Kyouka in the fog, standing in front of a man, who I recognised as Shibusawa.

I dropped down front above, coming closer to hear what they were saying.

"To think that two of you would take back your special abilities." Shibusawa said as I smirked, before dropping down from above.

I landed on the ground, smashing into rocks and concrete as I stood up straight, smirking.

"Three, thank you very much." I said as Shibusawa stared at me with crimson red eyes.

"Y/n." Akutagawa mumbled from behind me as I only glanced at him.

"I don't think we've met yet." Shibusawa stated as I grinned.

"Oh sorry? Are we having an introduction right now? Pleased to make your acquaintance. I'm the one whom you'd call your killer." I said, giving Shibusawa a deadly grin as he smirked.

"Is that so?" Shibusawa asked as I frowned.

"Hmm, maybe not. More like the unicorn slayer. Perhaps I'll take that horn of yours as a trophy after." I said as I saw Shibusawa's smirk wipe from his face as he gave me the evils.

"Y/n. What are you doing?" I heard Akutagawa saw through clenched teeth as I rolled my eyes.

"Please, I've been against worse than nothing but a unicorn." I said and I could tell Shibusawa was pissed.

He leapt forward, arm pulling back to punch me as I laughed.

"This is pay back for even thinking about stealing my ability, bitch." I said as I flicked a finger to the side.

A strong force of wind followed and Shibusawa flung towards the right, crashing into pillars.

However, he wasn't even fazed, pushing himself upright and chuckled.

"I've already passed through death. How do you kill something that's already dead?" Shibusawa asked, leaping forward, clawed hand reaching for me as I leapt up and out the way.

"I don't expect to kill you. I'm here to eradicate your very existence." I said as Akutagawa suddenly leapt forward and slammed his fist into Shibusawa's chest.

Akutagawa's fist punched through till the other side, however Shibusawa just laughed it off and kicked Akutagawa away.

"You abomination!" Akutagawa shouted, spitting it out like a curse.

"Don't forget we're here too." Kyouka said as Demon Snow rushed towards Shibusawa, blade slashing.

Shibusawa caught the blade as I made my move, seeing my opening.

Unfortunately, it seems Akutagawa and I had the same thoughts as we both leapt to his unprotected side.

I bumped into Akutagawa, leaving me off balance as Shibusawa turned around, towards us.

I was still stumbling as Akutagawa wrapped his arm around my waist and leapt out the way.

We both crashed into the ground, tumbling to a stop as I lay on top of Akutagawa.

"Just had to get in my didn't you?" I asked as Akutagawa looked at me with steel eyes.

"Says you. You're the one who got in my way." Akutagawa shot back as I rolled my eyes and got off him.