Chapter 4

"Akutagawa." I growled as the boy ignored me, walking closer to Atsushi.

"It's nice to meet you. I am Akutagawa, one of the Port Mafia's dogs, as they are." Akutagawa said to the trembling boy.

Akutagawa coughed, bringing his hand over his mouth as Higuchi stood up, walking over to him.

"Akutagawa-senpai! I can handle this myself." Higuchi started but was interrupted as Akutagawa back-handed her in the face, making her glasses fall to the ground.

"I believe my orders were to take the weretiger alive! And yet here you are, gunning everyone down. You useless cur! Stand down." Akutagawa ordered to Higuchi as she mumbled an apology.

"It's not her fault, you were the one that sent her in without any backup." I said as Akutagawa glared at me with his cold metallic eyes.

"Guess you were too naive to think that the Agency was going to let a weretiger waltz around the city without someone to protect him in case. What took you so long to get here anyway, couldn't meet your other mission fast enough?" I taunted as Akutagawa turned to look at me, walking towards me as he loomed over me.

I didn't back down as Akutagawa and I glared into each others eyes.

"Take the weretiger alive? What are you after?" Atsushi asked, confused by what we were saying as I broke my gaze with Akutagawa.

"The Port Mafia has its eyes set on you and you alone." I said as Akutagawa just scoffed.

"Your fellow agents lying there just got caught in the crossfire." Akutagawa said as I glanced at the two bodies behind us, both soaked with blood.

The weretiger gasped, "This is because of me?" He asked.

"Indeed. That is your karma, weretiger. You will cause ill for everyone around you, just by being alive." Akutagawa answered as Atsushi gasped again, as if a memory flashed across his mind.

"My karma?" Atsushi muttered softly to himself.

"Ability: Rashoumon." Akutagawa said as wind whipped around him, his black coat transforming into the shadow beast, barrelling towards Atsushi as I pulled Higuchi to the side.

The weretiger gasped as he saw the ground beside him, broken and carved deep by Akutagawa's beats, hovering in front of him.

"I missed on purpose that time, of course. But my Rashoumon has poor taste. It devours anything and everything." Akutagawa said as I moved Higuchi away, her head hung low.

"I intend to take you alive, but if you continue to resist, I'll take your leg next." Akutagawa threatened as the weretiger trembled in front of him, frozen in fear.

"Why... Why me?" The weretiger asked when a small voice came from behind us.

"A... Atsushi-kun." Tanizaki said as I whipped around to see him struggling on the ground, blood leaking out his wounds.

His younger sister, Naomi coughed too.

"Run, Atsushi-kun." Tanizaki said again as I used my wind manipulation to limit the oxygen levels he was taking in, stopping him from speaking more.

I glanced at Atsushi, watching as he hung his head, eyes squeezed shut and jaws clenched.

I could tell that he was debating whether he should run or stay behind and fight us.

Not that either option would make a difference.

Suddenly, the weretiger yelled as he ran to Akutagawa who sighed.

"Choosing death over surrender... How tiresome." Akutagawa said as Rashoumon shot towards the weretiger.

He ducked just in time before his head would be detached from his shoulders as he slid on the ground and picked up Higuchi's gun and firing at our backs.