Chapter 18

Wow! Can't believe we hit 1k reads! Thanks everyone for the support!!!!

- - -

I was too tired to move, breathing deeply for a few seconds.

I can't believe I had just barely missed getting blown up.

I sighed, trying to silence the raging headache.

The adrenaline had worn off and now I was very aware of my pain.

Everything was fucking sore.

"Oh, just wait for me to find you guys. I'll kill you slowly." I promised as I winced in pain, unable to move as I waited for Akutagawa to come and release me from these chains.

Within a few minutes, there was the sound of something crashing nearby as I looked up to the side and saw the wall get broken down.

"Y/n!" Akutagawa called as I fought the urge to roll my eyes.

"Oh great, my headache just got worse." I mumbled as Akutagawa ran towards me, kneeling down besides me.

"What happened?" Akutagawa asked as I shrugged, trying to shrug off the pain as Akutagawa snapped my chains with Rashoumon.

I winced, grabbing my poor, abused wrists with my hand.

"Just the usual. Yutaka knew we were bluffing the entire time and was just playing along. Also, don't think I've forgiven you for jeopardising the mission." I said, coughing slightly.

"What about your ability? You could've escaped easily." Akutagawa said as I looked at the chains.

"I don't know where he got them from, but these chains can nullify abilities." I said as Akutagawa fell silent for a second before speaking up.

"Did he do this? Who did this to you?" Akutagawa asked as I winced silently, trying to push myself back on my feet.

"Wouldn't you like to know?" I asked, completely oblivious to how silent he was.

"What are you going to do? Kill them for not killing me? Maybe ask them to kill me properly this time? Praise them for actually being able to trick me?" I said, standing up now as I shook slightly on my weak legs.

"As much as I appreciate your concern, I can handle them myself." I said, brushing off the dirt on my clothes as I started to turn around.

However, Akutagawa grabbed onto my wrist, forcing me to stop as he stood up.

"What?" I asked as I looked at him when suddenly he pushed me and rammed me against the wall, making me wince slightly as my wounds protested at such movement.

I forgot all of the pain as Akutagawa slammed his hands on either side of me, leaving me trapped as my eyes widened in shock.

Akutagawa's grey eyes were hard and cold enough to make a shiver run down my spine as Akutagawa stared down at me.

I had never in my entire life seen him so mad.

Never.

"Who did this to you?" Akutagawa seethed out as I stayed silent.

Why does he want to know? I thought to myself.

Suddenly, everything he said the night just flooded into my head.

Don't touch her.

She's my wife.

My heart clenched at the thought.