Chapter 44

Guys when I asked for motivation I did not mean death threats-

- - -

"Y/n!" A loud voice called out, one that I haven't heard in a while as I let out a small sigh just as someone latched onto me, wrapping her arms around me.

"Nice to see you too, Higuchi." I sighed as Higuchi pulled back and scowled.

"I swear I disappear for a few seconds and you go end up almost dying. Seriously, I can't just leave you alone." Higuchi said as I rolled my eyes.

"Oh come on though, that happens on  a daily basis." I said as Higuchi laughed.

"Yeah like when you choke on water." Higuchi said as I flipped her off.

Akutagawa soon walked into the room as Higuchi immediately turned into a blushing, stuttering mess.

Shit. I completely forgot about that. I thought to myself as I twinge of guilt ran through my bones.

How long have a watched from the sides as Higuchi literally simped over this man.

And I've kissed him like, what?

Once? Twice?

I brushed the thoughts away as I turned to Akutagawa.

"So, what brought you here? You just can't leave me alone can you." I said as Akutagawa didn't reply, remaining emotionless, but I could see that small light of amusement flicker in his eyes.

"Whatever. I reported back to the Boss. That's all I came here to say." Akutagawa said as I smirked, leaning against the table and crossed my legs.

"You sure? Not even one round?" I asked in a teasing voice as Akutagawa blinked before replying.

"Fine." He said as both Higuchi and I both stilled at his answer.

"W-Wait, what?" I asked, blinking in shock as Akutagawa crossed his arms.

"One round. That's all." He said as I grinned.

"Bit too eager to have your ass kicked, aren't you?" I said as Higuchi's eyes lit up in excitement.

"Holy shit, I am calling everyone."

- - Time skip - -

"You really weren't kidding when you said you were calling like everyone." I said as most the executives crowded the room as Higuchi shrugged before leaning in close to whisper in my ear.

"People are also betting you know. Sorry, but my money's on my senpai." Higuchi said as I gave her a shocked and betrayed look.

"You traitor!" I shouted as Higuchi gave me an apologetic smile.

"He's my senpai!" She said as if that was any excuse.

I shook my head before looking, scanning the room before I saw the other Akutagawa.

Gin's eyes lit up slightly as she gave me a nod as I grinned.

My money's on you. I could almost hear her say as I sighed.

"I guess I'm going to have to try hard now." I said as I shrugged my coat off my shoulders, getting an excited roar from the crowd.

"Ha! As if Y/n would beat Akutagawa, right?" A specific red-head said as I fought the urge to turn around and tackle Tachihara to the ground.

"I am going to make you eat those words after." I promised as I stepped into the centre of the room and stared at Akutagawa.

"Do you honestly think you could win?" Akutagawa asked as we kept our eyes on each other, assessing the other opponent.