Chapter 42

Wait what?! 

THEY UPDATED WHOOOO

- - -

I woke up with a start.

Gasping, my hands slammed down beside me as something wet caressed my skin.

I recoiled on instinct at the familiar warm, sticky feeling.

I looked down to see blood staining my clothes, the liquid dripping down my hand.

Abruptly, I scrambled upright as the blood swirled and swished at my movement.

I stood still, looking around as I only saw an endless pool of blood around me.

Breathing deeply. I raised a hand to my ears, trying to ignore the soft, whispery scream I could hear in the background.

"It's just a nightmare." I mumbled to myself, as the scream drew even closer, my efforts not able to block out the noise.

Coldness suddenly wrapped around my leg, sending a jolt of surprise as my eyes flew open as I looked down.

However, I could see absolutely nothing, just a phantom feel of the chill, as if there was a metal biting into my skin.

Leaning down, I grazed my fingers against my leg.

I inhaled sharply as my fingers came into contact with something unseen.

However, suddenly, blood splashed as I turned my head, closing my eyes to avoid the liquid from temporarily blinding me.

Something else wrapped around my arm as I flinched, pulling back.

Whatever was holding me wasn't relenting.

Just like that, a whole bunch of hands flew out from the ground and latched onto me.

I thrashed as I tried kicking and punching the hands away with my free hand and leg.

The hands sent shivers down my spine.

They were cold and clammy... almost felt like corpses.

Suddenly, more phantom chains wrapped around my torso and other limbs, and I let out a panicked curse as more hands reached from below me, dragging me down.

"It's just a dream. It's just a dream. It's just a dream." I whispered as hands were raking lines, tearing at flesh and clothes.

Despite my attempts to calm myself down, I couldn't ignore the panic as I let out a yell.

"Let me go!" I shouted as I pulled even harder.

A body wrenching yank had me falling into the blood, but where I expected my back to hit the ground, it just disappeared and I fell further.

Hands dragged me down and I squeezed my eyes tight shout, refusing to open my mouth and scream as I could feel the sticky substance of blood cling to me.

I tried to pull free, get away from these chains, these hands but the more I struggled, the more hands seemed to grab me and drag her further into the blood.

I couldn't help it as I thrashed around, panic embedded deep into my bones.

I had to get free.

It was the only thought I had as I tore at the invisible chains.

My fingers raked at ice-cold metal too hard that there was a stinging pain and my own blood mingled with the surrounding blood.

Hands covered my mouth and face and I couldn't help it as I let out a scream.